Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Clunky and dated

Discussion in 'Release 12 Feedback' started by Quode, Dec 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smack

smack Avatar

Good idea. Now they need a hotkey (that works) to dynamically switch between inventory modes. I hate having to go to the Options and changing it each time.

YuriGaDaisukiDa likes this.
  2. Dorham Isycle

Dorham Isycle Avatar

As far as clunky goes, the drag is clunky, have to do it methodically, no quick movements.

3. PeteWi The Disoriented

PeteWi The Disoriented Avatar

The conversation is different I agree, but I think that's a good thing. While it's not unique, it's not the same thing you see in every other game out there. Also, Lum has the primary job of coding and dissecting the conversation system, so it's for sure here to stay. I've seen a lot of comments asking for SotA to work like game X and behave like game Y. Wouldn't that just make it a ripoff? The fact that SotA is trying new things and doesn't look and work like every other game out there is a step in the right direction. If people will abandon the game because they have to type and have conversations, I doubt they would be that interested in the game anyway. This is really meant to be a story driven game, not just combat driven, so going around and interacting is key.

I agree the conversations can be a little tedious and repetitious, but that's because so much of it hasn't been completed. They're still gather stats on how people use the system. Once more of the quests are in, I think most people will find it quite entertaining.

And in-game Journal sounds like a really good idea, but considering how the current Journal works, I think it would very quickly become a jumbled mess of notes with no organization at all. I suppose they could build a system that would let you have Headings like you see in the Crafting book, but who knows how much work that would be. And would you be able to go back and edit your notes? As Starr mentioned, the system they use to make books now is pretty bad so that would be a pretty big undertaking by the sound of it.

It's not really a solution, but I use a separate laptop and OneNote to write down everything of interest in the game. I have Sections for each Town and Headers for major quests or notes. I write down the quests and who I need to talk to. I write down where certain resources are so I can find them again.

I could just as easily use my iPad and a really nice app call Notebooks for iPad. It has the same Sections and Pages of OneNote. You can sync it all with Dropbox if needed. You could also put OneNote on the iPad so you could read your notes wherever you ended up. No, it's not an in-game solution, but might work as a Plan B.

Hazard and Tahru like this.
  4. Resurrected

Resurrected Avatar

I'm a grumpy old man so I hate talking to anyone :D.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.