Player based economy concern

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by YuriGaDaisukiDa, Dec 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

Where to begin with this post?

SotA is not a themepark candy game.

SotA is not going to have 50 tiers of gear progression like WoW where the best gear is all from raids.

Dedicated PvP players will have an advantage in PvP for two reasons. They have dedicated PvP skills you only get from doing PvP. So the more you PvP, the more of an advantage you have in that area.

Likewise, there is player skill factor that comes from playing against other players. If you're just doing PvE against mobs, you might be able to play with a locked bar and have an easy rotation because you know exactly what to expect from the mobs. Against players, you may need combos or react to different types of players.

Lord Baldrith likes this.
  2. TemplarAssassin

TemplarAssassin Avatar

You are far from truth. EVE does not have the best in game economy. It is heavily inflated by bots and people who play 10-30 accounts at the same time to mine ore.
    The economy in eve is far from being remotely decent.

3. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

I think it was the recent 24 hour video they brought this up. Said they tried to find reason to justify a PvP skill tree and couldn't so it's out.

4. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Completely missed the point.

enderandrew likes this.
  5. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Well, i am playing it.
    I am not botting.
    I don't have 10-30 accounts.
    And i am doing fine.
    Didn't have to Pay for my eve game time in ages. So it is doing pretty fine to me.

mbomber likes this.
  6. TemplarAssassin

TemplarAssassin Avatar

And what exactly are you doing? Spending all your time in game killing rats, lol?

7. TemplarAssassin

TemplarAssassin Avatar

No, I am 100% on point. It seems to me you are missing the point. But you, of course, could elaborate..

8. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Um.. actually no. You were replying to something I said.. and you had completely missed my point. How could you be the one "on point" when you were the one replying to the point that you missed?

In fact, looking at your reply it had little to nothing to do with what I had said in the first place.

Followed by.. you quoting that and replying with..

Now let's look at that shall we.. I said PvP exclusive skills are entirely artificial. You say "not quite" and then rest not backing that up. What does UO, Eve or anything.. casual players or anything else you said.. have anything to do with whether or not PvP skills are artificial? It doesn't.

9. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

I am getting tired of your trollish attitude.
    This topic had a valid reason to exist 4 pages back.
    It's starting to drift off.
    No i never rat.
    I do industrie.
    But whats the point?

mbomber likes this.
  10. TemplarAssassin

TemplarAssassin Avatar

Hurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
    Theres a difference between fighting a dragon and a human. Different tactics, etc. PvP-only skills thus are not entirely artificial. Your turn, Bowel Bloodgood.

11. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

I find this whole discussion a bit silly.

PvPrs shouldn't try to be exclusive. Those who want more PvP in the game should try to promote testing and flagging for PvP. The more the merrier etc.

Having any type of PvP skills or PvP enhancing items would lead to an extra threshold above the already existing ones, for people to try out PvP at all. Leading to less people trying it out.
    So it would be detrimentary to its own cause.

Lyran likes this.
  12. Roper Docholiday

Roper Docholiday Avatar

from what i have seen in this post. (sorry if i missed the point)
    their will be 3 skill trees
    pve/pvm
    crafting
    pvp

each with thier own abilitys and you have to perform actions in said skill tree to earn points. these points are not transferable to other skill trees.

now currently in game i have been told progression rates are accelerated to get the feel and reports back from how things worked in leveling but when the game goes lives the grind will be much harder and longer.

now crafting skill trees. i have been a crafter adventure and a pvper. i can say from past experiance unless your dedicated to one thing you will never master it all. the time restraints. this is not uo we dont have recall or gate spells (personally i think that sucks) that means getting said materials for your skill will take much much longer once encumberance is introduced. yes their will be players that specialize in gathering to make money so they can adventure. but lets be honest how many of the crafting skills are actually in the game yet. i seem to remeber fishing inscription and several other skill are still missing. not to mention the early posts have said that many more skills will be introduced into the game. no one will ever be an expert in all of them. most crafters will have to specialize in 2 maybe 3 skill trees to ever get to the top levels.

now with that being said of corse thier will be plenty of players that have a mix of whatever crafting skills they use on a low level basis but refering back to uo everyone had a crafter but few had the elite crafters that built the elite gear why cause it tool alot of work and time farming materials and the kits to make the elite gear.

now multipal accounts yes higher level pledges get extra charatures for the game. dosnt give anyone an advantage as u can only be looged into 1 char at a time. so that goes to multipal accounts. not hard to do as i had 5 uo accounts at one time. however this isnt uo. scripting will not be as easy as it was then. personally im not a programmer but from what i have seen from the game system it will not be as easy to script in game as it was in uo. my greater concern is scripting in this game should someone figure out how to do it and gold sellers. that will kill the player econmy more than any concern over skill trees.

bottom line is this from what has been posted all over the place in multipal threads skill trees are seperate if you want to be elite in any thing in this game it will take time and you will never have enough time to be elite in every skill tree no matter how long have been playing the game play 24 hours a day 7 days a week and i highly doubt you will ever get enough skill points to master ever skill in every skill tree.

Tahru likes this.
  13. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

They couldn't find enough to justify PvP levels. That's out.

1:00:50

14. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

If you want to get technical there's also a difference between fighting a dragon and fighting a spider. There's a difference between fighting a knight and fighting a mage or fighting a thief.

But when it comes to fighting humans.. your character.. not YOU the player mind you.. but your character.. the one who actually has fighting skills with weapons or magic or whatever... does not know the difference between a PC and an NPC. So yes.. skills to deal with only PCs.. are entirely artificial..

15. ThurisazSheol

ThurisazSheol Avatar

so with the recent banking changes - where different places/nations/etc will have their own economies and possibly even monies, with possible exchange rates...

what say you all now?

as a crafter i'd have a single point of sale with my vendor - however i could travel to the other locations, and hawk my wares there too, making cash from that nation. i'd do that, only if i plan on travelling in the area for a while, so i'd have money to skill train and repair armor, while romping around in my kilt and coconuts.

16. TemplarAssassin

TemplarAssassin Avatar

As long as such skills hurt the casual players as hard as possible, I support their implementation.
    With the introduction of no-full-loot-system this game is hardly worth my attention anymore. I wish you all luck in this themepark rollercoaster grind game, and hope to see some of you in a better game when one is released...

17. ThurisazSheol

ThurisazSheol Avatar

because one system was decided against, that you enjoy while most others don't, you resort to name calling?

if you hate it so bad, make a game of your own to do what you wish. if you have the skill, i may even pledge for it too, to help you make it a reality.

back to the topic at hand - i think having regional micro-economies will be beneficial. if i'm a rich merchant in one region, i'm probably fairly unknown in another. as long as the nation money system is accepted everywhere as a baseline - albeit worth less than the regional money system, it may work out very well.

18. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

As it stands I think any regional economies will be limited. Exchange rates are unlikely and I recall it being said that there won't be regional pricing.. so you won't be able to buy low in one area and sell high in another. Which is a little disappointing but there is concern that such a system was too exploitable so they're opting to just not do it at all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.