Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Repairing & repair kits

Discussion in 'Release 13 Feedback' started by rapdjp49, Dec 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rapdjp49

rapdjp49 Avatar

After the downloading & playing in Release 13, I noticed that repair kits do not repair as much as when used in Release 12. I have a Great Sword 90/90. In Release 12, when I used a repair kit from an NPC or one that I made, if the sword was at say 55%, the repair kit would bring it back to 90.
    Now in Release 13 if it is at 55%, it would only raise the repair level to 75%. Armor repair also has been decreased the same way.
    Has this been changed? I have looked but was unable to find anything relating to this.
    I was unsure if I should have reported this as a bug or if this was an actual change?
    If this is now the way repair kits work, it imo can get pretty expensive. A piece of armor that is 100/100, and worn down to say 51%, can need 3 repair kits to bring it back to 100%. Repair kits cost 100g each.
    Even using your own player made repair kits it was the same.
    Can someone please let me know if this is going to stay this way or will we have the ability to repair items other than using costly repair kits?
    Thank you for any reply's,,

2. Gabriel Nightshadow

Gabriel Nightshadow Avatar

Yes, the repair kits don't repair as much damage as they did in R12 o_O Based on my own personal experience, they now seem to repair only about half as much as they did before (i.e., it used to take two repairs kits to restore full durability to either my armor or my bow from 50%; now it takes four) :eek: I suspect this was a deliberate change on the developers part. The developers have mentioned in the past that when the game goes live, the only way to fully repair an item will be to take it to a crafter to repair (i.e., repair kits will only repair damage to a certain point...)

Of course, for now, this is all we have, so I'm spending even more time in the forests hunting wolves so I can craft leather armor to pay for all of these repair kits and various types of arrows ;)

Alexander likes this.
  3. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Some pieces only repair 2 - 5 points not even close to 50%, and no explanation as to how they work just a change. TRANSPARANCY , DESCRIPTION PLEASE

Caliya likes this.
  4. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

I now carry 80+ repair kits per trip for my plate gear XD

JazIronfist and Payroll like this.
  5. Borg

Borg Avatar

I had to use 20 repair kits to repair my plate chest 2K gold this is kinda expensive.

Caliya and Payroll like this.
  6. Rockatanskye

Rockatanskye Avatar

I read the they should be doing 50 ticks per repair kit except they are only repairing 20 ticks this round. It's a lot of hussle to get the mats or gold to repair your armor. And seeing I found a nice set that isn't in any other city and its actually better than any set I've seen so far. I'm constantly running around getting mats instead of spending gold to repair the damage to my armor that I use to run around getting mats so I don't have to spend gold.

I think I lost my sanity.

7. Net

Net Avatar

Yeah, it should match the prize of the gear.

Caliya likes this.
  8. mike11

mike11 Avatar

I don't agree with the cruel and hedonistic testing methods.. I don' t have that much spare time... /p

9. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

I've never seen a kit do less than 20pts in repair in R13, but in R12 it started with only 10pts of repair, then a patch increased that to 50pts... I can only assume they felt 50pts was too much, and I agree... My Great sword only had 90pts of durability to start with, so using up 2 kits was a bit much, and I lost 10pts for nothing....

What I want to know is why some weapons have 120 durability, while my Great sword only has 90? That seems a little off balance... Plus why are weapons wearing out so fast?

10. bloocow

bloocow Avatar

Ditto on that...
    I've mentioend before, game takes too much time doing "useless" things that hampers character progression. we spend time doing many things that have little tangible value for us. Ultimately a game is for entertainment, & 80% of game time should be entertaining, however Sota has many time consuming activities which uses up so much player time for so little returns.. its sad

Caliya and Sargon like this.
  11. Sargon

Sargon Avatar

I just came here to post about this as well.

Repair kit price for performance seems way out of whack, especially for new players starting out. I'm better off throwing my armor away than trying to scrape together enough gold to get it back to full durability. If player blacksmiths will be able to forego the need for repair kits in the future, that is great, but it doesn't help us much now and is taking a lot of my time to keep my equipment even remotely repaired.

Caliya likes this.
  12. Sire Lancelot

Sire Lancelot Avatar

The repair deeds have been set back to R12 for 10 points of repair which is hideously out of proportion at 100 gold each and was acknowledged and adjusted for r13. It's cheaper to throw your weapon. I can only assume they have carried the r12 code over by mistake as nothing has been mentioned in the release notes so it should be reported as a bug.

13. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

Currently the kits repair 20 pts in damage, so I'm OK with that. What I would like to see is 2hd weapons with 120 durability, and 1hd weapons with 90 durability... Then I would like to see the wear factor lowered by 1/4, I would also like to see the yellow/red/broken symbols added to weapons, I only recall these symbols being used for armor (which has 5 pieces), my weapon takes the most abuse, where my armor wears depending on where the defense hit lands... If my weapon turned yellow at 50% durability, and red at 20% durability, I might consider repairing it at an earlier stage (which will cost me less in repair kits).

If the effectiveness of armor/weapons were to start diminishing at 50% wear, I might be more inclined to "do something" early to keep my equipment in good order, but I don't want to do it every hour of play... Currently I can fight for about an hour before my weapon is broken, but then it does take an extreme amount of repair kits to fix everything... If I see the symbol come on at 50% after about 2 hours of play, that might be reasonable...

Just some ideas...

mike11 and Sir Lancelots like this.
  14. Sire Lancelot

Sire Lancelot Avatar

Problem is we don't know if the devs reverted this or its a bug? Nothing has been stated, or his it?

15. Borg

Borg Avatar

Actually creating the chest plate is quite easier and cheaper.
    Yes I know, welcome to XXI Century the use and drop era.

16. Sire Lancelot

Sire Lancelot Avatar

Even buying a full set of regular armour beats the price of repair deeds.

Caliya likes this.
  17. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

Ultimately I expect the will be more incentive to repair than craft new items due to upgrading etc. As for repair kits, I don't really agree with them anyway so I'm glad they don't repair as much, I understand the ultimate goal is that they will not repair anything back to the full 100%, this creates more incentive to use players/Npcs to repair items.

As for carrying 100 of them, I look forward to weight restrictions in the next release. :)

Net likes this.
  18. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

I think the option for crafters to "reforge" broken gear would great.

JazIronfist, Caliya and Sir Lancelots like this.
  19. Sire Lancelot

Sire Lancelot Avatar

I was going to have a go at making them until I saw the recipe.. Gulp.

20. Elfenwahn

Elfenwahn Avatar

Me thinks that repair kits should only be used in contingency. When you are in the middle of the battle and need just some more percent to survive the exit.

In the end your equipment will either repaired by someone who has invested some skills in this - or you will just buy a new sword and new armor. Only this way working player economy can be granted.

Else you will only buy your weapon and armor once and after that only invest in NPC selled repair kits. Then any player crafting will be useless. Economy dead.

However, the balancing between how fast your equipment is destroyed (every 3 dungeons?) has to be done until release.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.