Backing questions...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dsmwookie, Dec 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dsmwookie

dsmwookie Avatar

I've followed the games development for some time and now want to back it. My brother gifted me $50 for the game thinking I already started playing it. This has ignited interest in whether I should invest more now or start playing and upgrade after experiencing more of the game. I think if the game play it would encourage heavier investments between the $500-1200 range.

So overall, will I be penalized for not upgrading all at once?

Is upgraded a simple pay the difference between tier amounts?

I appreciate the help as I'm out of town on my mobile.

Lord Baldrith likes this.
  2. Heradite

Heradite Avatar

The only risk you incur is that the price of the tier you would want to upgrade to increases. You can pay the difference up-front or you can do what I did to get to Knight and pay in monthly chunks but yes, all you do is pay the difference.

There are otherwise no penalties as long as you get to the tier you want by the time the game launches.

3. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

Time only matters for when you first pledged, not when you upgrade.

I backed during the Kickstarter, so I do get some extra perks because my initial pledge date grants me Royal Founder status. When I upgraded to a given tier doesn't matter. If you are going to upgrade to a higher tier, consider going to the player marketplace and seeing if you can buy a Founder or Royal Founder pledge from someone else selling one. With each tier, Founders get a few extra items and they're cumulative. To someone getting the basic Adventurer package, it isn't that big of a deal. But at the Citizen or Knight tier for example, there are tons of Founder-specific rewards from all the tiers combined.

Lord Andernut has been helping people transfer pledges from one player to another for a while. He is trusted and well respected.

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?forums/player-marketplace.73/

And yes, to upgrade you just pay the difference between tiers.

Edit: You may also be interested in these links:

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/unofficial-faq.9626/
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/updated-guild-list.7254/

Logain, dsmwookie and Tahru like this.
  4. dsmwookie

dsmwookie Avatar

Much thanks and now I have reading material.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.