New LOTM Houses. (FEEDBACK)

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by Arradin, Dec 20, 2014.

?

How do you feel about the new LOTM Buildings?

1. Perfect!

1 vote(s)
    4.3%
  2. Great! I like, but everything can always get better.

4 vote(s)
    17.4%
  3. They are OK, but some things need to change.

7 vote(s)
    30.4%
  4. I don't like them, needs to be changed drasticly!

1 vote(s)
    4.3%
  5. Horrid! Scrap and start over again.

2 vote(s)
    8.7%
  6. I Honestly don't care.

7 vote(s)
    30.4%
  7. Other (Comment)

1 vote(s)
    4.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arradin

Arradin Avatar

( Disclaimer: Obviously only my own opinion. Some people may say that im stupid and wrong etc, but i care alot about housing, and being on the edge about upgraded to LOTM, this doesnt help. Providing feedback which beta/alpha is for. )

I have been able to check out both the new Lord of the Manor houses, the upgraded normal and the new keep.

Overall feeling: Amazing and Dissapointed at the same time, sadly more towards dissapointed part.

New LOTM House:
    VERY impressive exterior, but the inside feel... Messy! No common theme thruout the building, and no real spaces to be used to.. well anything?
    The old LOTM house has a Royalty feeling over it. Impressive hallways, Huge ballrooms, master bedroom and amazing outdoor and general patios. This new one got none of the above. No useable large rooms, no red wire thruout the design at all, in my opinion.

Suggestions for the new LOTM House:
    • The front entrance is a complete mess and breaks entire house right away. Those TINY small walkways and staircases up to the main door need to go, a large staircase with elevated patios next to it would improve the looks alot.
    • The entire house clearly got a Castle/Keep feeling over it on the inside, instead of the major estate that it seems to be on the outside. There are pillars that make no sense, and hallways and doorways that make it almost completely useless to make any kind of uniform theme for decoration.
    • No back entrance or side entrance in a huge castle building!?
    • Roof/balcony areas?

New LOTM Keep
    Im sorry, but what? First impression, EXTREMELY awesome from the outside. The closer i get to it, the more i wonder what has happened here.

PIC 1: Looks amazing from the distance!!
    [​IMG]
    PIC 2: The entire keep got a ton of these very small rooms with doors for unknown reasons. cant even place one crafting table on them.
    [​IMG]
    PIC 3: Walls not connected, leaving gaps.
    [​IMG]
    PIC 4: different floor tiles, random pillars, Doors opening opposit ways?
    [​IMG]
    PIC 5: Even more tiny tiny "rooms"
    [​IMG]
    PIC 6: This is just... I don't know.
    [​IMG]
    PIC 7: No this isnt a hidden door.
    [​IMG]
    PIC 8: Roof that doesnt match the building and going out farther from walls on the right than on the left..
    [​IMG]

SUGGESTIONS FOR LOTM KEEP:
    1. WAY too many doors for unkown reasons leading to very tiny rooms.
    2. I find it strange that the lord house got a hidden room, but a huge keep like this got none.
    3. This needs more of open spaces. If i were to use this as a guild HQ, you would need rooms for office, large sleeping halls, practise rooms and whatnot. This keep currently barely has any Rooms that can be used, at all.
    4. Something need to be done about the Pixely feeling of the walls on the roof.
    5. This building also need a back entrance.

TOO LONG; DIDNT READ:
    Both the LOTM houses lack a overall theme , and especially the keep looks EXTREMELY Rushed.
    I would like to request something simular to the old LOTM which has a grand estate feel over it.

My personal opinion is that i would rather see the old LOTM house upscaled, it was WAY more thoughthru , and gave a grand feeling over it.

My cents, please discuss with me :)

2. licemeat

licemeat Avatar

Rich people problems. It does lookin' freakin' awesome far away, though.

Time Lord, Tarsin and Duke Arradin like this.
  3. Atmosfear

Atmosfear Avatar

Where are the keep and new LotM home? Have not seen them ingame.

Time Lord and Keira OFaolain like this.
  4. Arradin

Arradin Avatar

No LOTM 'House' currently, but there is a keep on one of the keep lots in andaris

Time Lord and Atmosfear like this.
  5. Atmosfear

Atmosfear Avatar

Thank you Duke Arradin!

Time Lord likes this.
  6. Tazar

Tazar Avatar

They are available in game from the house deed vendor.

The old Grand City Chateau has been replaced with one of the new houses and the same deed will work for it. The New one is called the "Lord of the Manor House with Keep" if I remember right.

Personally - I tend to agree on the Chateau... The house itself looks fantastic - but... it is so broken up that there are very few real decorating areas. I did not get to see the other one.

Time Lord, Duke Arradin and Atmosfear like this.
  7. Deliverence

Deliverence Avatar

It does look great from a distance and I agree with your sentiments it does feel rushed but maybe they just wanted to get this in for Christmas. We have seen them go back and redo homes the Knights home in particular got a major overhaul and while I don't think they need to go to such extremes with the LOTM keep I'm sure in time it will get some TLC. Thanks for posting the pics I would suggest though to take screen shots during the day as they seem a bit on the dark side.

Time Lord likes this.
  8. TEK

TEK Legend of the Hearth

The keep is awesome but top of the keep makes it looks like some kind of silly Minecraft castle.

mbomber, Deliverence, Eriador and 2 others like this.
  9. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

Larger Land Plot Size Please... o_O
    These are the largest hearts of New Britannia and I do think that the house/castle looks fine, yet when it is set within such a small plot, it does not look the part of what they need to be seen as, which should be as wide and deep as to of these homes on their side... as if they fell down. This would bring the lot in better viewing frame in proportion to the surrounding walls.
    These are our largest givers, and they should be seen as not just Lordly, but Kingly.
    ~Time Lord~:rolleyes:

mbomber likes this.
  10. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

I love this LotM keep!

mbomber and Time Lord like this.
  11. Arradin

Arradin Avatar

Well thats good! All to thier own :)

Personally, i just wish for something more of an ESTATE Feel, like the first LOTM House. I dont want a damp, cold, dark , stone-type keep , i want a grand luxurious Estate.

Here is what i have in mind:

FRONT of the house:
    [​IMG]

BACK of the house:
    [​IMG]

And ofcourse, something like this inside:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

... Maybe im dreaming, but the first LOTM had a feel exactly like this, no idea why houses took such a steep turn away from it? :(

12. CrimsonBinome

CrimsonBinome Avatar

Being rich seems pretty awesome. Can I come over at least?

Duke Arradin likes this.
  13. Hagen

Hagen Avatar

spoken like a rich noble.... *don't touch me, i might catch something*. I'm sure there are some peasants to do your bidding. Hire me as a construction manager, I will make sure those filthy dirt bags build it right.

Duke Arradin likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.