Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

One way friendslist

Discussion in 'Release 13 Feedback' started by Olodagh, Dec 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Olodagh

Olodagh Avatar

As the friends system works now, you can only put someone on your own friendslist.
    If you wish to have mutual friendstatus, both people need to add the other person on their list.
    Usually with friends systems one person will offer a requests wich is then accepted by the other.

Apparently this "one way" friendslist as it is now, causes people to use other people as runestones.
    It also opens doors for trolls who want to annoy other players.
    That one person who likes to strike people with a [pvp] tag when they reset their skills, also puts his targets on his friendlist and it's not for a making friendly conversations.

Often i read "[this person] has added you on their friendslist" and often strangers step out of my avatar's body in the strangest of places and run off without saying a word. Quite immersion breaking... Good thing for them we don't have toilets ingame.

Svahn, XcomVic, Net and 8 others like this.
  2. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

+1

I also think that we Should have an "enemies" list. Which would be one sided but without any functionality for seeing if they are online, but rather a visual clue to pick them out in a busy street.
    Not for the RP crowd but for the PvP crowd.

Tie it to a physical object like a magic "black notebook" or similar to make it fit in the lore.
    Where you have to have a small ritual to add it etc.

royalsexy, Net and KuBaTRiZeS like this.
  3. Wody

Wody Avatar

Since they will take zoning away eventually, this is just a temporary problem really.
    In my case, since I'm almost always at my bar in kingsport, I'm being used all day and night for it.
    But I really don't mind, because it is used for useful things also. And as far as immersion goes, I see it as not paying attention and almost running into somebody, as opposed to somebody popping up out of nowhere.

Net, Gabriel Nightshadow and Gaelis like this.
  4. Morkul

Morkul Avatar

This must be solved once they start seeding players into different instances depending on friend and ignore lists.

Cenario:
    Player A put player B on hit ignore list to avoid him ingame but player B have befriended player A because he want to bump into him as much as possible.

KuBaTRiZeS likes this.
  5. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

Last time I checked, adding a player to your "Blocked" list removes your name from the other player's "Friends" list automatically, and blocks the ability to re-add it. :)

Morkul likes this.
  6. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

good to know, if you know who's added you in the first place.

Jatvardur and Net like this.
  7. Morkul

Morkul Avatar

Okay, that is really good to know.

Net and Duke Raas like this.
  8. Net

Net Avatar

I do not mind one sided list, but I would like to see the actual friendlist with more features (PvPer friend could be marked as blue not yellow by default etc.). I see the need for mutual friendlist, but one sided tracking of people is not bad per se...

PS: We need a list of people who 'friended' us!

Svahn, royalsexy and Tahru like this.
  9. Svahn

Svahn Avatar

There can be a need for more than one type of friends-list, for example like an "acquaintance-list" - people that aren't my friends yet, but people that I for some reason think good of and don't mind remembering.

Net likes this.
  10. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

The problem is it becomes more maintenance for the users. However, the game could highlight players you have had more conversations with or possibly sort them that way.

11. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

I agree.. instead of using the block list when people annoy me i carve peoples names into my computer desk.

Tahru likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.