What games are you playing before launch?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tygron, Mar 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Keldrin

Keldrin Avatar

Been playing War for the Overlord, which is still in Beta. Which is basically a attempt to make a dungeon keeper 3. Playing Skyrim. and will be playing the hex TCG online game when it enters alpha in august.

2. Darkblade

Darkblade Avatar

not planning on playing anything before SotA arrives.
    Beta tested quite a few recently, but I made sure to uninstall them after I was finished so they did not become a time sink.

3. InsaneMembrane

InsaneMembrane Avatar

At this point, mainly EVE.

4. Vaughn

Vaughn Developer Emeritus Dev Emeritus

In the last few weeks I've been playing DayZ, Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon, Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition, Team Fortress 2, Thunder Wolves, System Shock 2, Dark Souls, all on PC.

Umbrae likes this.
  5. Keyser

Keyser Avatar

I am learning that the Kickstarter cycle is for sure brutal for impatient folks like me. I am excited for SotA and want it to be the only game I play for 5 years once it comes out.

As far as games I'm playing:

Lotro
    Xsyon

Genia, Brain Storm: closed beta browser game with trivia questions.

Just downloaded Ultima 7
    Waiting on TUG, another Kickstarter.

...and still keeping an eye out for something to keep my attention for several months.

6. Luciferase

Luciferase Avatar

Ultima VII (Thank you GOG.com) and not an RPG...The Last of Us

7. LordShark

LordShark Avatar

All the games, All the time, In my mind and my pocket. I will limit it to top 10 time sinks in the last few weeks.

1. WoW Raiding (25 Man Heroics) 3 Nights a week for 2.5 Hours each
    2. Remember Me (Beautifully rendered and fun gameplay mechanic feels like Batman Arkham but in a Futuristic French/Portal 2/ Mirrors Edge environment!)
    3. Borderlands 2 - Psycho Pack (With my fiance because sometimes we just love shooting things in the face)
    4. Dragons Prophet - Cause well... Dragons.
    5. RIFT - F2P Had to try it out again.
    6. NWO - Failed Hard :(
    7. Metro 2033 (Finished) Russia never felt so retro!
    8. Deadspace 3 (Finished) What did you do to my scary space game... it was neither all that scary or that gamey.
    9. Dragonvale I just can't help myself
    10. Crysis 3 (Finished) That guys face is so real I want to pinch his cheeks!

8. stile

stile Avatar

Ive been getting on LOTRO enough lately to hit the AH, buy up a few choice pieces and drop on a restock. Then giving away random gold in blocks of a 100G to people I know that never make that kind of cash (but only half my profits.. gotta keep growing my bank roll just on the off chance I actually play the next update). Was thinking about running a Draigoch tonight, but ultimately decided I didn't feel like spending a ton of time drumming up people for it and I needed to catch up on SotA forums anyway..

Time Lord likes this.
  9. FireLotus

FireLotus Royal Bard & Master Dabbler Dev Emeritus

While I'm anxiously waiting to feed my "Fantasy RPG" hunger with Shroud, I'm mostly keeping my inner sci-fi Geek satiated with Star Trek Online. Unless I'm feeling like something a bit... darker. When phasers set to stun just aren't enough, you can find me armed with a pretty mean shotgun in The Secret World. What can I say, I'm a sucker for Lovecraft and fantastic Lore. And chainsaws. Definitely a sucker for chainsaws.

For grins and giggles, here are some pics of FireLotus' alter egos.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

OSullivan, Rhiannon and Krez like this.
  10. Rixel

Rixel Avatar

Wow. I think I may start playing Secret World, just on the off chance I might see you! LOL!

FireLotus likes this.
  11. Darthan Haj

Darthan Haj Legend of the Hearth

I have so many games on my shelf to play and a bunch to download from Steam and GOG's, I like mostly single player games until lately. Currently playing LOTRO, a friend from my guild turned me on to it and now I'm addicted. Can't wait until SotA Alpha, I know I will be even more addicted to it especially if the crafting is better than LOTRO, and I'm sure it will. Will also play Divinity Original Sin, which I definitely backed on Kickstarter, when Alpha or Beta comes out by the end of the year.:)

12. Dolnor

Dolnor Avatar

Testing game is one of my hobbies. Riding my motorcycle is another.

Currently I am helping SOE by testing Dragon's Prophet for localization. Found and reported over 100 bugs so far.

Two weeks ago, TRION asked me and others from the forum community to help them test new content in their San Diego studio. Had a great time over 3 days. They fed us, entertained us (some of their QA guys are quite entertaining!), and passed out nice swag. So who says testing games as a hobby means you don't get paid!? -)

I also play sporatically in SWTOR, Secret World, GW2, and Neverwinter. I am more of a tester than a race-to-the-end-game player. I am such a casual player...Real casual players complain I'm too casual (falling/riding/wandering off cliffs seems to be my playstyle!).

I always go back to LOTRO... I call LOTRO my home since helping them alpha test the game...Lifetime Founder there.

TQQdles™,

Dolnor Numbwit
    Eternal Testing Newbie

Archaaz and Darthan Haj MGT470 like this.
  13. LoneStranger

LoneStranger Avatar

Most recently, I spent six months playing Star Wars: The Old Republic and a little time on WWE '13. An online version of VGA Planets (planets.nu) also sucked up a few weeks.

Most of my free computer time is spend doing hobby game programming, so I feel guilty when I play too many games. :)

That being said, I do have a U4 game in progress that I will pop into from time to time. Mainly because I wanted to remind myself of the system so I can compare it to U4E when I finally get around to checking that out. That's probably about it for _right now_ however I really enjoy the Gran Turismo series and am gearing up for the GT6 demo next week and the full game in November. I also plan on spending time on SotA and Star Citizen whenever alpha/beta begins for those.

14. Umbrae

Umbrae Avatar

Looks like I will be playing Leisure Suit Larry: Reloaded tomorrow. :)

15. Duke Death-Knell

Duke Death-Knell Avatar

Tracking EQNext. Nice article on ten ton hammer. Supposedly will be announced in early August.

16. Dolnor

Dolnor Avatar

Ditto! Downloaded mine from the email link! The Good Ole Days Are Here Again! -)

TQQdles™

Umbrae likes this.
  17. Ewasil

Ewasil Avatar

Currently playing UnEpic a lot, System Shock 2 digged out so far. Else...well, does AD&D count?

Umbrae likes this.
  18. Montesquieu Paine

Montesquieu Paine Avatar

Currently: Skyrim. Pushing the Smith/Enchanter line (both to 100, working now on Alchemy, to get the virtuous cycle maxed out).
    Recently: Re-ran the Baldur's Gate (I & II, with expansions, but not Icewind Dale) all the way through.
    Biggest disappointment: NWN2 module with forced addiction.
    Real-life: "The warranty is gone on all our parents." Dealing with many mortalities, from acquaintancs inwards.

Darthan Haj MGT470 likes this.
  19. Ome

Ome Avatar

I just started Fallen Enchantress : Legendary Heroes . From what I'm hearing they finally got this game right. Sofar it seems like a fantasy
    themed civilization type game. Also been playing dishonored, witcher 2, path of exile, torchlight 2, legends of grimlock. Got the complete Ultima
    series , might and magic and neverwinter nights on gog the other day. Also gonna get wizardry 8.
    I play guildwars 2 off and on, I really like it.

20. Deathblow

Deathblow Avatar

Chaos Rising(RTS) & Space Marine(Action) are working my strategy and game fingers at the same time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.