Instancing?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cuno, Jan 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

Just being curious, are the areas in the game for you mainly just a means to fight monsters? Or would you also want quests, NPCs, events, secrets, things to discover etc.?

2. Ice Queen

Ice Queen Avatar

So far the cities seem large enough, and I'm sure we will have more quests/npc's added as each area is opened up. I would like larger areas to explore within the areas where mobs are. It would be nice if there were large enough areas while you're out and about fighting, and happen to come upon an npc that needs your help or has a quest for you to complete while you're in that area, and perhaps secrets hidden areas or objects within that area you have to find and/or items that are extremely rare that spawn somewhere within that area randomly. The areas where mobs are at the moment are just teeny areas to go kill stuff and gather mats. If they were bigger and you had other reasons to be there besides gathering and killing mobs it would be more immersive and fun.

Cuno and Tahru like this.
  3. Cuno

Cuno Avatar

Exactly what I was thinking Lord_Darkmoon! I definitely want to be surprised by things. I WANT to get attacked by a powerful monster that is beyond my skill. I'm anticipating being able to find something new every time I play. I want resource nodes to be random. I'm hoping for random happenings in random spots. I understand that we are still in Alpha, but I'm worried that those smaller instances that we're seeing will not be enough for us. Imaging jumping into one of the ones in Hidden Vale during launch time when there are hopefully thousands of us online? Any of us would be luck to get one skeleton to attack!

If we are going to be instanced so much, I would love larger, more unpredictable spaces.

Aries and Tahru like this.
  4. Alpha Protocol

Alpha Protocol Avatar

I have been there, and yes it's empty, but that has nothing to do with size. It has everything to do with content. Just because a small map has wolves in closer proximity to spiders doesn't mean it has content either. It's just smaller.

I'm sorry, but running around in a small circle wacking wolves and picking cotton isn't any better than running around in a bigger circle doing the same thing.

smack likes this.
  5. smack

smack Avatar

Wynton's Folly is actually not that much bigger than Owl's Head, so it's actually quite small. I actually would want a scene 10x this size. That does require content, but that can and will be created over time. Every scene in the game currently is so barebones it's not even worth drawing any conclusions from. So this scene is still getting more passes so I fully expect more content to be added before the game is launched.

And did anyone find all the easter eggs in the scene? Supposedly there are (or will be) four in every scene in the game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.