New type of ignore option

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Isaiah, May 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stile

stile Avatar

I can't speak for what Hew meant. He's on a very reduced schedule right now for being able to participate with SotA related stuff for a little while (which is why you probably haven't seen a response, I doubt he's ignoring you). I personally took it as a bit of humor and not meant to be offensive.

Insane Membrane is an interesting individual to say the least and I do not mean that in a derogatory way. Some stuff he posts really shocks me (and I think he does that on purpose) while other times I find I like what he had to say. I think that may be where he's going with that.

As far as MGT goes, or any and all guilds go, I want to have a relationship OOC that is on good terms with ALL guilds in game as much as possible. As much as possible though as I wont do drama and whenever drama enters into it, is when id rather just not interact. life's' to short and the game is for fun and escape :). That relationship OOC may be to say "ok, in game we will be opposing guilds..." or it may be "ok, in game we will be a strong ally helping each other in these sort of situation's, etc". I think those are things that will have to be flushed out more once the game starts. I know that I have a members in my guild that will probably never post on these forums that will be active in game and I'm sure other guilds will want to get a feel for some the overall sense of my guild a bit with some interaction in game before we really define those relationships in all aspects.

I am definitely not as large as MTG but that's partly in due to my recruiting process being the type that to really bring people into it will be hard until game starts.. I do have enough members at the moment that forming the guild wont be an issue.. and I have *thinks*, oh about a half dozen people from LOTRO that have pledged to SotA (based on my recommendation) and then proceeded to forget about it until it comes out.. at which time im sure they will be joining up with me as well, as they are people that have always pressured me to run a guild in LOTRO for them (with a lot of NO's from me *chuckles*.. not a game I enjoy enough to put the effort into it).

In being honest I can say there are some things I don't like about MGT.. There's also things I don't like about... the Syndicate.. There's things I don't like about the guild I am a member in in LOTRO... there's things I did not like about a guild I was in LOTRO in which I was a highly ranked officer. Theres always pro's and con's to any guild. . Those differences are the sorts of things that ultimately determine where players go to join based on their personal likes and dislikes, to find the guild that fits those best. I personally prefer a very selective guild recruitment method for example to ensure the people that join are people of like mind's and that they will be long term member's as opposed to open recruitment.

From a guild to guild interaction standpoint, that's really where and why you form alliances with other guilds, is so that you can use each others strengths to help each other accomplish goals in game and offer more opportunities for events to your members. Also TO get some differing viewpoints on occasion or advice from other guild leaders on how to handle different situations you yourself may not have encountered before but they have.

2. Rixel

Rixel Avatar

I think an interesting option would be to add some sort of simple thumbs up / thumbs down / neutral option for PCs, where I could rate each other user as I wish (or change when I wish).
    In addition to this, have an option to ignore users that have achieved any custom number. Say I want to ignore all users that have 500+ thumbs down ratings....or only ignore those that have 500+ thumbs down, unless they have 500+thumbs up, or some other combination thereof. That way you could have a reduced specific ignore list, and more a generalized one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.