Plots?

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by Alserian Valandr, Jan 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alserian Valandr

Alserian Valandr Avatar

How do I find a plot of land ? does not seem to be any left?

Tahru, Koldar, Mata and 2 others like this.
  2. OoOo lollie oOOo

OoOo lollie oOOo Avatar

Heya and welcome :)

We're about to enter a new release of game (R14 = Release 14) which should wipe all currently taken plots anyway, in a couple days once R14 hits just look around all the small villages (many more housing places than just in Owl's Head or Kingsport) and check for free spots.

Usually at the start of a village you'll find an NPC called a Town Crier who will be able to tell you if there are any free spots left in that area.

You can still find row spots free in Ardoris even now (take the boat from Kingsport docks to get there), and I know there are quite a few village spots free in the small housing settlements (just walk around in the big overworld map to find these villages), but you would be better off waiting for R14 when all the plots will be opened up again.

Cordelayne, Tahru, Koldar and 3 others like this.
  3. Mata

Mata Avatar

Welcome Alse!

Cordelayne, Tahru and Koldar like this.
  4. FanofIolo

FanofIolo Avatar

I've come across loads of free plots in the past few days simply because the previous owners haven't been logging into the game in the face of the upcoming (29th January) wipe. Pressing the "P" key in a village will cause a light beam to emerge from the stones in front of free lots, so they are easy to spot.

As Lollie says, with Release 14 the land rush will begin again, so all players will have to first go out and make enough gold to buy a plot. Of course, experienced players will have the advantage of knowing the best ways to acquire gold and level up, but some things may change in R14 which will make it harder, even for them.

If the devs are successful in R14 in integrating the pledge awards and store purchases that people have on their accounts, some players will already have lot deeds when they log into R14 for the first time and will of course claim the lots they think are best. There should be plenty of lots still available though.

Even if you covet a lot in a particular area and are not lucky enough to get one right away, you can expect much turnover in property ownership. Keep your eye on the area and you will eventually be successful. In order to make housing and property ownership available to the greatest number of players in the pre-alpha stage, owned lots are becoming available for purchase again if the previous owner becomes inactive for 7 days. I'm sure there will be a forum thread specific to R14 where players can report where property is currently available.

Good luck and enjoy yourself in SOTA!

Tahru, Mata and Koldar like this.
  5. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

Mata and Cordelayne like this.
  6. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

Welcome Alse and good timing, with R14 transpiring tomorrow you should be able to get a good pick of a spot!

Mata and Tahru like this.
  7. JAMorton

JAMorton Avatar

Quick question, I haven't been on a for a while but I have noticed that in order to secure village plot of land, I have to pay 30000 gold. Now I know the game isn't released yet but last time I logged and I looked at the game in any depth u didn't need to pay for the lots. I do have a village lot deed for when the game goes live which I bought when the Alpha was first started so does that still mean I have to pay the gold during testing.

Tahru likes this.
  8. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

If you don't have a lot deed granted by a pledge, Yes. They are as part of the development, implementing the systems that will exist in game. One of those systems is the purchase of property with in-game gold. They've also implemented activity timers on the lots, so if they lie fallow, with no activity from the owner for a time, they will revert to unowned, and be claimable by another.

Tahru likes this.
  9. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

If you bought it in the addon store, you will have a deed in the bank for the lot in R14

Remember this is an addon store lot, so you'll pay a tax to the game monthly. Not sure if that's in yet.

Tahru likes this.
  10. Alserian Valandr

Alserian Valandr Avatar

Thanks all for the answers :confused:

Tahru likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.