Favorite Builds?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Furious Fist, Feb 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Furious Fist

Furious Fist Avatar

This is a generic question for those who have tried multiple builds. To date, I've only tried armored melee builds. My intent is to try out a new build each release (leather/ranged next release, cloth/magic thereafter, etc).

Just curious what folks are enjoying the most in terms of solo play vs group play; which builds are proving to be great against magic mobs, melee mobs, ranged mobs, etc.

Any builds that are outright terrible in their current state?

Again, if you've only played one or two builds, please refrain. If you've experimented, I'm all ears.

Tahru likes this.
  2. Lord Baldrith

Lord Baldrith Avatar

I've given the mage build another chance. Pure mage in cloth. Ice build was fun with the elementals, but not viable to survive groups of mobs...squishy...but the ice ele does heal which is cool...But not enough to keep you alive.
    I then moved to the Air build, and found it was even worse...did less damage...and I was having troubles surviving again with more than 1 mob. Once I added death spells to it, it was a bit better...could stay alive better and fight 2-3 mobs at a time.

I have found that the only viable builds include plate armor. I am currently enjoy the bludgeon skills. Using the two-handed axe that I can steal every time that I got into the weapon shop, I am doing 60 damage crits. I barely take damage and when I do I can heal because I added some life spells to the mix...I have 0% fizzle because I also added fizzle reduction...Pretty fast leveling this way...

Not my play-style of choice...but thus far the best for surviving, earning money, and raising levels.

I hope magery gets some love soon...Mages should do damage...My lighting spells were doing about 15 damage...ice was a bit higher...but never was I getting 50 damage in magery...Seems unfair when you realize your warriors get to wear plate and can actually take hits and mages cannot take hits.

3. no_excuses_its_released

no_excuses_its_released Avatar

Blades/Death

Bleed them out with one hand, suck the life out of them with the other.

A recipe for success. ;-)

Lord Baldrith and Hauk like this.
  4. Furious Fist

Furious Fist Avatar

Yup, that's the build I'm currently using. I see a lot of plate running around as well, so it's very common at the moment. Hopefully they'll improve the magic damage output soon.

Lord Baldrith likes this.
  5. Furious Fist

Furious Fist Avatar

Are you wearing heavy armor?

6. no_excuses_its_released

no_excuses_its_released Avatar

Nope, leather. And I've put points into focus so I have 0% fizzle as well.

Furious Fist likes this.
  7. A Ghost

A Ghost Avatar

Nice. Sounds like ye 'ol pre-cast+Halberd insta-kills. I'll give it a whirl. Thank you, Lord Baldrith.

Speaking of which, any thoughts on combining this with Fire to additional DPS?

8. Lord Baldrith

Lord Baldrith Avatar

I did try (briefly) using plate with my Death spell/Air build and the fizzle chance was too high, so only Life magic seems to be viable wearing plate...

I honestly was going to try a fire build, but was just tired of being so squishy from my other experience with magic/cloth builds. I would rather survive and do more damage for now...so I'm playing an old man Tank :)

A Ghost likes this.
  9. Furious Fist

Furious Fist Avatar

Ok
    Ok, thanks. Was curious if leather was survivable.

10. Deleng

Deleng Avatar

So, with the Blades and Death build. are all your points spent in just those two? Is it even worth putting points into your armor that you are wearing(leather)? what about a dual weapons builds?
    so say you want to be a rogueish type..sneaky sneaky...dps... just thoughts. my build isn't working. blades/light armor/tactics..not to good to solo with. :S still learning.

11. A Ghost

A Ghost Avatar

You want a few points in Light Armor, if you're wearing leather. Dodge is nice enough that I've gone 5 pts., although I'm not sure if you'd want glyphs in your deck or static. Check out how it buffs your stats, while active. Plus you can control your slugs.

12. Deleng

Deleng Avatar

ok, cool. try this out. thanks :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.