Crafting woes

Discussion in 'Crafting & Gathering' started by blaquerogue, Feb 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

i cant make the stuff i normally do this release! No molds! (that isnt a very good starter for people that just started!) Now they think that there isnt any molds for thier items and if they are a crafter type person its a red flag! (i understand this is alpha or whatever but why even take out molds that you had in previous releases?
    before it was 7 hard leather, now its 7 yards of hard leather (5 leather per one yard ridiculous), crafting is costing way too much resources! especially when the resources out there are not very good 1 or 2 resource? So when you put that together, crafting is like a job! I personally already have a job! I would like to escape from the "job" type stuff, not continue when trying to game and enjoy myself. I use pole arms and i cant even make my own!? so now im forced to go to swords or something else! things like that i do not like. You have the molds for these items why hold them back from us? Its not going to effect the game, or tech for the game very much!

Especially when you have more things like the double death penalties, when you die in an instance! To me that needs more work than anything.

If you want us to craft which i feel you do, then give us the means to do that.

I think you guys are adding too much extra to crafting and it is not fun to gather all the ridiculous amounts of stuff you need to make a simple item, the yards should have been left out in my opinion as one of many examples.

2. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

What molds? I was able to buy molds. I use them all the time.

On the other point.. we're really talking a balance issue.. since nothing's been balanced really it's kind of moot without even skills in place. Skills SHOULD provide us improved harvesting for example improving availability of materials. I think it's a little premature to worry too much over that until the system is full in.. but I'll be the first to agree that right now the amount of materials in many recipes is absurd.

3. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

have you found a halberd blade mold? if you have please tell me, all ive heard was there isnt any in game this time around, i have the recipe for the halberd, but no halberd blade mold

4. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

the halberd blade mold, not halberd pole arm recipe. you need a halberd blade mold to even make the pole arm. even if that particular mold is somewhere in the game the amounts of resources are ridiculous, this is coming from someone that really doesnt like crafting at all, and have tried to start crafting and see if i like it or not! Right now i do not like it for the particular reason everything costs way too much resource, when there really isnt alot of resources given in the first place when mining hunting or whatever!

5. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

oh well yeah the halberd mold is indeed missing.. but it's also new. All the old molds are still there. If it helps you feel better we can't craft longswords right now or helms either.

R14 has been a mix of ups and downs for crafting. We got a lot of cool stuff with material properties but a lot of issues as well. R15 will hopefully deal with them but I'm not so sure we're going to see these thing fixed until then unfortunately.

6. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

yeah but when your out there showing off your game trying to pull others into it, give them the resources! (more from nodes and animals) to let them actually try it out and get into it, but also saying when the game starts you will need crafting skill in "more material" skill to get 4 or 5 per. but at least your still showing off your game, 2 hide from a bear is ridiculous for example 1 ore from node also ridiculous.

7. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

I think some of those skills are scheduled to come in with R15.. which makes it a little moot now I suppose.. Given the long term nature of the game, current resource availability doesn't trouble me that much.. material requirements for some recipes on the other hand.. are just beyond insane. Those definately need to be brought down one way or another.

blaquerogue and DavenRock [MGT] like this.
  8. DavenRock

DavenRock Avatar

Ya, I think there is too much concentration on making it feel like a finished game while it's in a pre-alpha state, we need to test out the features, give us the power! :)

9. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

well i could make halberd last release? so it sucks not to be able to make them now, but thats just one of the few things dealing with crafting this release!

10. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

yeah i know it makes it quite displeasing!

11. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

yeah they are it is quite insane!

12. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

One of the reasons would be a change in the process of making weapons. They've done away with blanks.. and the original halberd blank was made with the axe head mold. Now there's no blanks.. so we'll be making halberd heads in one go.. thus the new mold which somehow didn't make it in. All the weapon recipes that used blanks got changed.

Oh yeah.. regular iron hilts.. can't make those either.. but any other metal works fine and adds different effects. :)

13. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

thanks for letting me get this off my chest! :)

Bowen Bloodgood and Tahru like this.
  14. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

I'm pretty excited about material properties but there is a lot frustration to be had in crafting right now as well. They just made so many changes. I can't wait for all these issues to be resolved.

Albus, blaquerogue and Tahru like this.
  15. Morkul

Morkul Avatar

Well unless you are making copper or bronze items you do not use molds in blacksmithing so I have a hard time see how lack of molds can be a red flag. Casting metal, like bronze and copper, is not smithing neither but more smelting and are therefore made on the wrong table in the game.

16. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

well when you cannot make a weapon since there is no mold for it thats a problem, you need a halberd blade mold to make a halberd! there is no halberd mold, you need scimitar blade mold to make scimitars there is no mold for the blade once again! so i do see what your getting at? if there is a mold for these please tell me where to find them!

17. Morkul

Morkul Avatar

I have no idea what you talk about. You do not use mold's to make weapons in real life why do you need them in the game?

18. Kuroyuki

Kuroyuki Avatar

The main reason is that there are too many items that could take 1-4 ingots. Since the crafting is dump the amount of resources and tools type, there needs to be molds to control the outcome.

Bowen Bloodgood and blaquerogue like this.
  19. Valdric

Valdric Avatar

Well, if those of us who are having crafting woes are spilling their guts in this thread, then here goes...

I'm extremely new to crafting in Shroud; this is the first release I'm trying it.

All I want to do is make a maple/pine pole. I have the recipe for both kinds, but when I try to learn it, nothing happens.

What am I missing here? Did I just run across a bug? Sorry, I'm just a big newb when it comes to Shroud crafting right now. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

20. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

pine timber. wax and tool. = Pine pole. to make the timber you need chemicals as well. I think thats the right mixture?

Valdric likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.