Inns, taverns, camps that actually have functionality for players without housing

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Galaturc, Jul 8, 2013.

?

I would like to be able to rest and get a small temporary bonus in

1. An inn for a small fee/rest

66.7%
  2. A tavern after a short drink break

66.7%
  3. The house the player owns

66.7%
  4. In the wilderness camp that requires a skill and equipment to set up

55.6%
  5. Anywhere, anytime

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. No where at all, I don't like any temporary bonus for resting.

22.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Galaturc

Galaturc Avatar

I know that there will be at least an inn and/or a tavern in every settlement, and I believe adding some kind of a functionality to them would make sense.

I am not suggesting that player avatars should sleep for hours or even a couple of minutes. However, I believe adding some resting bonus (perhaps %10 improvement on skill/stat gain, or a temporary increase on a stat) would give some form of a functionality to housing, inns/taverns, or camps in the wilderness. With in 10 seconds of resting at the inn (for a small fee) or a camp site you built, a glass of beer at a tavern, or leaving your house, you should get some small bonus for a couple of hours. Logging out at one of these places could add longer duration to the rested bonus, also you would log off faster for a quick switch of characters (a la UO).

2. jayd

jayd Avatar

It would be kinda cool if SotA took some inspiration from SWG and built a system where Bards could use skills to increase the bonus you propose for Tavern/Inn patrons.
    House owners would benefit too, they would just have to be sure to stop by the local community center before they left for adventuring.

3. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

This was a hot topic during the kickstarter. My personal favorite is camping out.. especially hunting camps or groups setting up a base camp before entering a dungeon etc.. I don't think we even had an official word on the devs.. but I think it's somewhat implied that we'll have camping on some level since they've been showing off Hairy Man's camping assets and saying some of his models are already in-game. We just haven't heard anything about camping yet.

4. Umbrae

Umbrae Avatar

5. Aos_Si

Aos_Si Avatar

I remember in old-school rogue-like games you had to eat regularly otherwise your character would die from hunger. Since we have cooking skill we could have this implemented too.

6. Galaturc

Galaturc Avatar

Yes, I've seen the camping tents, bedrolls, etc.; exciting. Could we finally have a "use" option for those bed deeds we crafted or bought from a carpenter, or have to carry a bedroll in our backpack for a future camping use!

I see your point, Umbrae; a debuff could be preferable to the buff after a resurrection, or perhaps just an effect to the regeneration rates.

Along the same lines with sleep, eating could effect a player similarly. Perhaps, eating affecting the stamina points regeneration, where as sleeping affecting the health points regeneration temporarily. Mana points regeneration? Meditation of course...

7. Link_of_Hyrule

Link_of_Hyrule Avatar

It's been pretty clear except maybe offline you'll only have one character per account. As for inns I'd be in favor of having then as rental apartments maybe for those of us that can't afford houses but only let us keep it for a certain period of time to keep us moving from town to town.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta

8. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

The one character per account is a subject of much debate and is not yet written in stone for launch. We'll see how it goes.

9. Bugos

Bugos Avatar

I want boats added to this list as well. I hate switching characters so all skills should be available to one avatar.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.