Inventory Management

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Galluccio, Mar 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Galluccio

Galluccio Avatar

I saw a screenshot of what the inventory looked like a little while ago. It looked like the classic inventory of Ultima Online. I think the current inventory system is better than what I saw in the screenshot. I do think it could use some graphics to make it more presentable. I'm at least talking about the borders of the inventory box and maybe some texturing going throughout the box. I hope that's on the to do list even if it's down the list on the C or D priority list.

I do think that modern MMOs are leaning towards better ways of sorting the inventory rather than providing thousands of spots to put "junk." The current inventory bag is showing that idea. I would like to see that taken even further by allowing the payer to add additional tabs to do customizable inventory sorting.

For example, I'm seeing that there could be potentially 50-100 maps that a player may want to keep around to get around. Having a user customizable tab to just be for maps would help. Or maybe a tab for gear I'm using and gear I just picked up which I can lose in a dungeon or in PvP. That would be really helpful.

So, those are my thoughts on inventory.

2. Galluccio

Galluccio Avatar

When it comes to maps, I think a new player should at least have a map showing the port locations. I don't remember the maps that I started out with but if they aren't included they should be included. And, maybe a short tutorial tip showing how the map works. Just something to point out there's the little red arrow that's you. I probably would make that arrow bigger and bolder.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.