SotA combat system is a refreashing change to other MMOs

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Galluccio, Mar 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Galluccio

Galluccio Avatar

I think SotA should really emphasize the combat system of the three types of decks and combing skills to make other skills. This is really a refreshing change that I haven't seen in other MMOs. I think a lot of people would like this "different" type of combat system if more people knew about this difference.

2. Musou

Musou Avatar

I love the complex system, you'll have no idea if your opponent is running around with a preloaded deck ready with 5 or more stacks ready on his deck almost doing 1 shots. I love it. A mate of mine though said" if you think I'm going to drag around buttons on the bottom your crazy I'm not doing that." So it is still a 2 way street but I'm enjoying the refreshing change.

Tahru likes this.
  3. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

I like it too.

Tahru likes this.
  4. AndiZ275

AndiZ275 Avatar

I like the deck idea, but I have some major problems with the implementation so far. My experience is, that I tend to stare on my skill bar most of the time and ignore the combat on the screen (from time to time I look on my health and focus bar), since you have to focus on your bar all the time during combat (even after putting all relevant points into the focus tree), when you wait for the skills/combos you need. This could become really difficult, when positioning becomes more important (to avoid frontal AoE attacks, to get behind the enemy or prevent the enemy from doing so, to coordinate your moves with your group, etc.) => when you are also forced to watch the screen. I'm not sure if my multitasking abilities are good enough for that, since I'm no student anymore :p

One suggestion to make combat less click heavy and a bit less distracting could be: A new tier 5 skill for auto combos/stacking in the focus tree, which automatically stacks/combines skills you draw. That skill could be leveled five times, so you could get combos automatically up to level five. And on the combo windows, you could which combos you want to allow for auto stacking and which not...

Xandra7 and Tahru like this.
  5. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

I think one way is to not worry so much about getting that exact skill out...

Tahru likes this.
  6. Galluccio

Galluccio Avatar

In other games, people call you a baddie if you are .5 seconds slow maybe 15-20 times in a 10 minute fight. I hope that doesn't happen in this game.

Tahru likes this.
  7. Xandra7

Xandra7 Avatar

I really like the combat skill system, stacking however feels like a mini game, it forces focus away from the screen ... which at one point was stated they did not want to do.

cobran likes this.
  8. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

The card deck system is good, I like it.

As others have mentioned the biggest flaw it has is making you look down at the glyph's for too long.

Combat in general is not balanced and there are not many "combos" yet. So I think we should get these two things rectified before we try to show it off too much.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.