Granular Housing Access and Storage Control

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by Tartness, Mar 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tartness

Tartness Avatar

Hi Everyone,

I would like to ask if anyone here has some detailed information on how some things with housing are going to work out for us, especially in terms of interacting with non-owners of the house. Perhaps the Developers could put some of these questions on their agenda for the future regarding some of these questions with no answers to them yet.

Sharing My Home
    1. How many other players will I be able to invite into my home to share it with me?
    2. Will the number of other players allowed to share my home with me be limited by either on my pledge level or their pledge level?
    3. Will the number of other players allowed to share my home with me be limited by either the type of lot or on the type of house itself?
    4. Will the number of other players allowed to share my home with me be limited by the number of rooms in my house?
    5. Will I be able to assign rooms in my home to both individual players and groups of players?
    6. Will I be able to assign chests in my home to both individual players and groups of players?
    7. Will there be a tiered system of access control flowing from Guests or the Public to Tenants to Co-owners to Owner for various house functions like access to a usable item or chest?
    8. Will there be access controls to basements controlled by the main housing access list or could we possibly have a different set of access rights for basements which are separate from those of the house?
    9. Will there be access controls to lawns controlled by the main housing access list or could we possibly have a different set of access rights for lawns which are separate from those of the house?

Home Storage Limits
    1. Will the total item limit of the property be based on the size of the lot or type of the house, or?
    2. Will the total item limit of the property be modified by the basement type?
    3. Can the total item limit of the property be modified by anything else, like in game house upgrades or Shroud of the Avatar Store purchases?
    4. Are items placed as decorations inside and outside of the house counted towards the total house item limit?
    5. Are items placed into chests inside the house counted towards the total house item limit?
    6. Will the number of chests themselves that fit inside my house be limited by my pledge level?
    7. Will the number of chests themselves that fit inside my house be limited by my lot or house type?
    8. What will be the item limit for chests inside housing?
    9. Will I be able to limit the number of chests a player can place in my home or will I be the only one able to place a chest?
    10. Will I be able to limit the number of items a player can put into a chest either they or I create in my home?

2. Katrina Bekers

Katrina Bekers Localization Team

I'd love to know the answers to most of them.

By direct observation, I can say that there's indeed an item limit (reaching it with the Guild Hall stronghold in Port Mirren). And there's a different limit for light sources and normal items. You know there's a limit when the game tells you in red that you can only place XYZ more items or lights in the property.

Also by direct observation, in my row lot there's a limit on external-facing items (four), external lights (one), internal items and internal lights (almost reached it, I can place only 10 more light sources).

3. Sofiamia

Sofiamia Avatar

I find those constant reminders I'm nearing my limits a bit irritating. The house warnings started popping up at 99 items left before I will reach my limit. For the next 98 XYZ items I place, that message will pop up. It might be easier to just list our limits on items and light sources on the housing tile. It would work like this: According to the plot and house I've purchased I can click on the housing tile in front of my house and see my limits. Then when just one or two items away from reaching my limit that reminder can pop up to let me know I'm definitely a hoarder. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.