Any Info on the pet system?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Aree, Mar 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aree

Aree Avatar

Yea it's me again, the pet fiend. I checked with google, did a bit of sniffing on here and find my own forum pages as the top ones to check. x..x

So I'm asking again, how does it look? I know it will be added but the make or break of me getting into this will be that system.

Yup, I'm just that picky about what I like.

2. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

We don't really know yet. There was more info on pets during kickstarter.

Right now in R16 testing there are a dozen pets to 'summon' with some interaction as in give them follow or stay orders.
    But the plan is much deeper than that, with taming wild animals as a whole skill tree.
    There is also plans that we could have multiple pets roaming at home.
    But... We don't know yet how much of that will make it into episode 1 and how much will come at a later date.

fattymoomooman and Deliverence like this.
  3. Duke William of Serenite

Duke William of Serenite Avatar

I can tell you the Imp pets look bad ass... There is also a window when you right click that has setting for the pet. You can set it to defend or aggressive etc.

fattymoomooman likes this.
  4. fattymoomooman

fattymoomooman Avatar

EP1 is supposed to have non-combat and combat pets, I asked about taming in the R15 postmortem and it is supposed to be due in its most basic form in R19, mention has been made about taming collars - probably crafted by other players, but I have no idea how this will be implemented but it sounds interesting.

I played a tamer many years in UO and play pet classes in pretty much every MMO I have played, I suffer a small degree of RSI* in my right hand which means I sometimes like to sit back from the action and let my pets do the work while I supervise, action-heavy melee classes with complex moves, constant character movement and lots of combos I tend to avoid :)

*My extensive playing of several UO crafters to GM prior to the guaranteed gains system along with years spent as a programmer helped me to achieve this goal - though I blame my over-the-top game-play sessions more than UO for this :)

Fryr likes this.
  5. Aree

Aree Avatar

A whole skilltree. That's player focused. I really do hope they make pets that you or I can train. Giving them their own skilltree. Basically a level 1 would be freshly trained. Capable of fighting like a wild animal but as you level, or train them, they are able to b stronger or use more refined techniques according how the tamer trains them.

fattymoomooman and Spoon like this.
  6. Siren

Siren Avatar

I love taming! It's probably my favorite thing to do in a game, I won't lie. Crafting comes a close second. Although I really hope that we can tame wild critters, and not just unlock a summon spell! (Boring :p) It's so much more fun when you find just the right critter walking around and you just HAVE to have it! Then there's the challenge of getting it to listen to you... But I have a way with dragons:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.