Iron Ore?!?!?

Discussion in 'Crafting & Gathering' started by mortveiare, Apr 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mortveiare

mortveiare Avatar

I can't seem to find iron ore, anywhere :(

Is iron ore that scarse, or is there specific places to find it? I'd appreciate any tips!

Lord Baldrith likes this.
  2. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

Iron ore is more of a dark grey and doesn't stand out the same way as copper from a distance, if you invest in your detection skill it will sparkle from further away. I'm having a brain glitch on the best areas to mine it because I haven't had a need to mine it since early in R16. Anywhere that calls itself a mine should have at least some small amount of it though (ie. Graff Gem Mines).

You'd find some small amounts in Solace Bridge as well. And the shardfalls though it would be more difficult to mine as it's a higher level.

Dirk Hammerstrike likes this.
  3. Raok

Raok Avatar

It's a combination of some areas just having more copper than iron, and the fact that copper is the brightest orange possible and iron is almost the exact same color as the rock its on.

4. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

no, it's just harder to see. look here.

5. mortveiare

mortveiare Avatar

Thanks for your help!

6. Liothane

Liothane Avatar

if you want pure iron ore, just go to the moors of northshore. insane amounts of iron nodes throughout and secret areas. Just don't expect to find any nickel in there.

7. 4EverLost

4EverLost Avatar

If you're a beginner, you can even find it in South Vale:D

8. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

There is another place, the same layout as the North Moors called The Hills, between Bremaer and the desert region, but the entrance is very small, so go south from Bremaer and as you get to the dungeon go west over the hills and you will find it... Lots of iron nodes, lots of spiders, lots of cotton, trees... Nickel comes when your level/skill gets high enough... I would say each area has 30 iron nodes, take out the Elf fighter camp and get silver/gold on occation from those nodes inside their camp...

I stand corrected, it's called Hidden Vale: Hills, and it's west of the dragon cave...

Miracle Dragon likes this.
  9. hts1369

hts1369 Avatar

I think one reason that ore appears to be more scarce than other items has to do with the lack of a harvested ore node visual. When you enter an area that it littered with cut down trees you think, "Damn, someone got here before me." But when you enter an area that has had all of its ore harvested it looks empty. There is no sign that there was ever anything there.

I think adding a visual for an empty ore vein would go a long way towards making ore seem more abundant than it currently does.

mithra, Kara Brae and Duchess Fionwyn like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.