Clothing being damaged...

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Razimus, Jun 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Razimus

Razimus Avatar

I didn't notice my cloak had been damaged almost to 0, it was like 6 of whatever and almost totally broken! I was so used to UO, where cloaks don't get damage that I didn't know clothes could be damaged.

I understand clothing armor pieces, but, hopefully, zero stat clothes can be non-breakable?

Maybe coat the cloth in rubber plant rubber or, some type of shellac or anything to keep my cape from breaking....

Well, maybe I'll just have to get used to it, but I won't wear a cloak in battle if it can break...

NaomiLin, Epona and Royce_Templer like this.
  2. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

A cloak isn't a 0 stat item.. it comes with 1 damage resist... but if you're wearing something in combat or other hard conditions of course it's going to take damage.

Montaigne and SeleneNoctua like this.
  3. Razimus

Razimus Avatar

Not in most games so it was a surprise. 1% damage resist? I'd be happy to trade 0% damage resist for non-damagable status on my cloak/hat etc. clothing pieces.

Royce_Templer likes this.
  4. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Most games don't necessarily have any armor degredation at all. but since SotA does I don't think any of this should be unexpected.

Net likes this.
  5. Razimus

Razimus Avatar

Most? I don't know what games you're playing, but most games I've seen have it. UO, WoW, Guild Wars 2, Elder Scrolls Online, etc etc, it's pretty standard in MMOs today

Royce_Templer likes this.
  6. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

If by "most games" you only meant "most MMOs" then you should be more clear about that. "most games" to me means "most games".. So if you can rattle off a bunch of non-MMOs that have it as well.. No RPG I've ever played outside of an MMO has ever had it unless it was modded in.

All of which is moot anyway. SotA isn't "most games" and I really wish people would stop using other games as an argument to have something changed. If there's a case to be made for cloaks or any other wearable to not take damage from combat I'm all ears. Even then cloaks are not a zero stat item.

I get that you don't want zero stat items to degrade. What would be the point in having to maintain such an item that are exclusively cosmetic? I understand that. It would seem tedius and from a balance perspective unnecessary. But will there be any such wearables in SotA? We haven't seen any yet. Even the quest hats all have 1 resistence on them.

7. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

In my experience (don't know if it is still the case in R18), even if a cloak's durability sinks to 0/100, it still looks fine. The only difference is that it has no more damage resistance, so you can continue to wear it as a cosmetic item if you don't mind the permanent presence of the "broken armor" warning on the screen.

Razimus likes this.
  8. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Learn to repair it not all that hard. I like the resist it offers not to much a trade off. Especially since we will be able to repair easier,

Just FYI EVERYTIHNG, in life wears out over time. The either need repairing or replacing - AWSOME that the game realizes this.

Beli likes this.
  9. twotrees123

twotrees123 Avatar

It isn't? It seems likes "most games" to me except you get to play poker while you're fighting.

Razimus likes this.
  10. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Seems like is an opinion and does not make one thing equal to another. Also it is irrelevant to the point that "someone else did it" does not mean SotA should.

11. twotrees123

twotrees123 Avatar

I'm not saying it should, I'm saying it already does (with the exception of combat poker).

I'll tell you what, you give me a list of 10 "unique" things SotA does (with the exception of the above-mentioned poker), and I'll return you a list of games that already do them.

Razimus likes this.
  12. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

You've rather missed the original point and I'd rather not go off on a tangeant here. The point wasn't whether or not SotA is doing things others have done. It's whether or not the fact that others have done something being used to validate doing the same thing in SotA.

13. twotrees123

twotrees123 Avatar

You seem to say that a lot on these forums.

14. Musaab Osman

Musaab Osman Avatar

All equipment can be repaired. (Equipment = things that can be equipped).

If you charge at me with your cloak on, it's bound to get cut up.

Bowen Bloodgood likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.