Just curious...

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns' started by Rufus D`Asperdi, Jun 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

The sequence of implementation for Player Owned Towns has been advertised by Portalarium to be:

Largest first, with earlier purchase dates of a given size implemented sooner.

When is this prioritization scheduled to begin?

PaxLair: Metropolis - R17
    Vengeance: Crossroads Village - R18
    Port Phoenix: Town - R19

2. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

My guess would be as soon as they have all the templates created. Until then, they seem to be rewarding community members that have helped the overall community with in-game and out of game contributions by allowing them to "test" the POT templates.

PaxLair: Forrest
    Vengeance: Desert
    Port Phoenix: Swamp

3. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

They may give priority based on those criteria of size and purchase date when running through their list of towns - but I don't recall seeing a formal post on the topic or expecting it to be absolute. I'm not surprised to see said groups with towns already and there are a few other guilds that run community events and show up as a group that I might expect to see as well as they put in a biome of each type.

If I were to have bought the first metropolis I still would expect guilds or RP towns to go first.

I'd rather visit PaxLair or Beran's Reach than my empty town anyways.

4. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

No offense intended to any of the other town owners, but I'd rather visit my own town than theirs. Otherwise, I wouldn't have bought my own.

5. Ashlynn [Pax]

Ashlynn [Pax] Avatar

I think Portalarium grossly underestimated the number of player towns that would be bought. I imagine the list must look pretty intimidating.

6. Archibald Leatherneck

Archibald Leatherneck Avatar

I would like to know if we can hold our POT placement until Episode 2. I should probably state that I completely disagree with allowing POTs to move to new lands in future Episodes. If we were given preferential placement in Episode 2, some of us might be willing to hold off. I have no idea how many of us but I would definitely consider it and my decision would be based on the terms. If I knew I might place my POT in new lands and there is no guarantee that Paxlair isn't going to be my new neighbor because they got bored with Novia then I might as well just place now in Episode 1.

The Paxlair reference was just a name that everyone knows. It had nothing to do with any malice to Paxlair. In a past avatar, I considered moving to Chesapeake and spoke briefly with Winfield in Umbra. I needed to follow a different path but Winfield was very welcoming.

7. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

All valid questions i seek answers for as well.

8. Jatvardur

Jatvardur Avatar

I think where Port have fallen down a number of times is expectation management, particularly with regards to POTs. Obviously players have a habit of "lawyering" them, yes, but shrugging shoulders with "DLMB" is really not proper expectation management. I've never been fond of the DLMB phrase, but I also appreciate the difficulty of dealing with community members that think they are lawyers.

If they tell us that POTs were be dealt with by size then date, then most of us will expect them to be dealt with by size and date. If there is a special period before that, then it would be nice to have that expectation managed. It wasn't. Does it make sense that to test 3 towns that use the same template, first? Sure, it does, but I'd still like them to communicate that. What we can't tell is if Metro #2 is already being dealt with. If Metro #2 is secure in the knowledge that their spot is safe then they are perhaps less "upset" by other towns seemingly placing before them.

However, all metros were expecting to place before any town of a smaller size is placed. So what does that mean for a metro that wanted a spot which is now gone (or could be gone with further test towns)? None of the spots chosen so far were ones that I wanted, so I'm not giving any complaint about "my spot" being taken but I do think Port could make the process clearer. Town owners would certainly appreciate it.

9. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

The placement will probably be in sequence once they finish making templates, so more than one could be placed per release. I am not actually overly keen to get mine in early since they seem to be getting more options available with each one placed so far.

Kendric Darrow likes this.
  10. Sir Frank

Sir Frank Master of the Mint

I'm ok with being last.

Kendric Darrow and unicornslady like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.