Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Please reduce inactivity timer for row lots

Discussion in 'Release 19 Feedback' started by Kara Brae, Jul 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

There are plenty of village lots available in-game, but row lots are too scarce. New players with an Ancestor pledge or who have finally earned enough in-game gold to buy a row deed can't find lots to claim. This situation has got worse since the inactivity timer was extended from one to two weeks. Please give these folks a chance by shortening the inactivity timer for the available row lots or alternatively, make more row lots available.

Quenton, amaasing, Budner and 2 others like this.
  2. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

...or for next wipe have a row lane in the center in each of the player lot towns.

Budner likes this.
  3. Edward Newgate

Edward Newgate Avatar

I think this will change as soon as the next wipe hits. The reason wy i belive this is simpel. Since zoning got now a 15 Minuts delay, claiming lots for zoning is no longer realy needed. By the way Kara when ever i was in Adoris, there where allways free houses. And i think peaple with higher pledg level will start to grab village and townlots instead of a raw lot to zoning. But you are right they have a to long living time at the moment. Its realy sad that some grab lots and than they keep them empty but as i said this might change.

4. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

I agree that people with village and town lot deeds will first make a dash to place those in prime locations. I hope you are right about the situation improving in R20, but I doubt that the 15 minute zone timer will have that much of an effect in lot claiming habits. What may possibly happen is that players will still claim row lots in the NPC towns and then just won't use them any more because of the zone timer. And when these players become inactive, they will be removing these lots from the market for two weeks instead of just one.

By the way, even Ardoris seldom has a lot free nowadays. There has been a bug (already reported) since R17 that makes the guards give you the wrong free lot information. You have to keep asking them over and over until they finally reach the total count of 188 lots.

5. Selene

Selene Avatar

I think there will only be an equilibrium for row housing when the big NPC cities come online (although every new PoT adds a ton of housing). It would be nice though, at least while in these early stages, to set one house as a primary residence with the long timer, and the second and third residences have a shorter timer. I think a lot of people have three houses "because they can" and hardly use/decorate the second and third ones. That way, players that only have one row house won't be penalized if they want to take a vacation. I agree with Edward that the zone timer might also cause a shift in the housing locations people choose, which could (potentially) free up some row lots. If players are earning in game gold for deeds, it is ALWAYS a better idea to get a village lot. That way if your needs change or you decide to join a guild/city living in an NPC town, you can always move house.

6. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

NO If you are not active don't waste the lot,

7. Unforgiven2

Unforgiven2 Avatar

I agree about the need for more row lots, and I suspect that by release, with the larger NPC cities, and many more PoT's, that there will be sufficient lots available at that time for Citizen pledge holders.

I disagree with the solution of shortening the refresh timer for only a certain class of houses though, that has the optics of denigrating row houses (and by extension their owners), as a second class, that doesn't deserve the same rights as others.

If someone has only a row lot, they very possibly may not have the same social network (to refresh their lot, on their behalf) as the more established players with higher pledges, etc ... and if they had wanted to take a vacation of more then a week, etc, they are now disadvantaged further.

steanne likes this.
  8. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Like Ardoris, I think that Brittany will be mostly row houses.

SeleneNoctua likes this.
  9. amaasing

amaasing Avatar

Maybe the solution is not to change the timer but to start limiting us to one lot each. I have noticed quite a few players who only log in every 13 days just to keep from losing their lots and they have 3 lots tied up. Of course I can't figure out why they would need 3 lots / houses if they aren't testing / playing. But I suppose there are bigger mysteries than that in the world. With more players joining us every day and with most of the POT's 'available' lots being restricted and since this is PreAlpha, I don't know why anyone would complain if we could only have one lot each until launch.

Oh, WOW! Did I just say "I don't know why anyone would complain"? Sorry, I don't know what came over me......

Alexander and Kara Brae like this.
  10. Xultun

Xultun Avatar

2 weeks is needed if not longer, not every one has a 9-5 job and is home every night. I work a 9 days on 5 off job in remote mining so only get to access the game every 2nd week. now if I take holidays I have to find someone to refresh my lot or find an Internet cafe kind of hard when I go camping and fishing for 3weeks to make the most of my 2 leave blocks a year. If it is changed to any thing less I may as well sell my pledge as I'll not see any benifet from it.

11. Dorham Isycle

Dorham Isycle Avatar

The final release version will be a lot longer, months, just these month test releases are 2 weeks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.