Pvp and Crafters Unite.

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Duke Lorimus, Aug 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Duke Lorimus

Duke Lorimus Avatar

So I was thinking , Lots of Crafters don't participate in PVP , or not on the Avatar that they are crafting with for the most part, But we could use Crafting in PVP, If we have Things that need defended and repaired. Ive always loved Keep defense in games and if Towns that are PVP enabled had a Goal that defeats that town it could encourage More people to PVP Craft or even better both . Not to mention this could offset Person to Person balance . two people in a keep could hold off 10 but 20 on a keep might take the keep and 10 avatars .......

If your feeling frisky you could come fix a Keep that is being attacked .... but If like to play on the safe side and want to help a friend that has a destroyed keep you could come and fix parts of it at a more safe time if you so chose to .. I think we could at some point make this work well for enticement and rewards if it was worked on over time..... I think this is what might be lacking in such a diverse sandbox . To me its all about Options and your way ....so If this was implemented it would be great for pvp, and possibly even better for role playing. Other games have done it , I would like to perfect it ..

2. Duke Lorimus

Duke Lorimus Avatar

To add To this I never have fully thought out ideas , Just things that appeal to me on a couple levels so this thread can go all over and im cool with that My Main goal is to give reason for total opposites to be reliant on one another.

Spoon and Themo Lock like this.
  3. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

SO you want to Draw a Crafter inot PvP areas ? ? ? ? Yeah sorry but this is a road that a Crafter most likely will NOT travel. I for one would NEVER wander into a FIght as a crafter for any reason. Especially since there are so MANY PvP guys out there who have absolutely ZERO honor, Virtues, Sense etc. They are just there kill Mindlessly.

If you are going to say - "I will protect you " sorry but LMAO,, you might be honorable but there are WAY to many out there that are not.

I understand your idea but sorry I fell it is just a Joke.

4. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

I would love if fixing PVP structures gave good prd exp, is a good idea.

Spoon, Miracle Dragon and 4EverLost like this.
  5. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

They're adding in cover systems. I can see this.

I'd love to see usable siege weapons, even small ones. They have models for them in the game.

Miracle Dragon likes this.
  6. The One True Nobody

The One True Nobody Avatar

You mean like having field mechanic functionality? I can see it possibly working. Crafting is typically seen as a side-thing players do on their own time to feed into the player economy, but there might be potential in giving crafters a more active option to apply their skills (and level them up with in the process) that isn't "go off to the side somewhere and make things until level meter goes ding."

Mind you I don't care much for PvP in the first place, always been more of a PvE player. But that don't mean I don't wish all the fun in the basket to the PvP players, too. Different strokes for different folks and all that.

7. unicornslady

unicornslady Avatar

Howdy Lorimus!

I have to admit that when I saw this;
    coupled with this;
    my long time crafter mental knee-jerk reaction was me dressed in a target and with a humongous blinking neon sign with a big arrow over me flashing, GANK ME and GRIEVER BAIT.

Why don't I just get some doughty fighters to guard me? Well... I usually get this response:

and if I do get someone, then I get this:

That being said what you wish can be done.
    Early Istaria had quite a few events where various large structures were needed to be built to further the World story (opening new lands, getting new player races) while NPCs were attacking. ArcheAge did something similar when they opened the castle lands in the north except it was PvPvE.

The main thing is the adventurers need to remember to protect their crafters!
    During an event that needs crafting while under fire, the crafters are usually in their skivvies so they can carry their maximum amount of resources/items for the build. Also the actual construction might have a timer on it (similiar to harvesting in this game), so the crafters are stuck, unable to defend.

Roper Docholiday likes this.
  8. Halvard

Halvard Avatar

That's the spirit!.... I'm going to be a battling blacksmith so I think this sounds wonderful if implemented in a good way.

Sure there may be greifers (there will be this is online) but this community is quite different from PK's you might have met in other games. Even UO seeing as we all get older and wiser ;)

Atogrim likes this.
  9. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Feel free to hire the Templars :p
    Beside if you repair the keep from the inside they will have a hard time slaughtering you.

Back to topic: It's a nice idea! I like it. And why not? The game could benefit from the idea a lot imo.

Logain and Hettar Fimbultyr like this.
  10. Duke Lorimus

Duke Lorimus Avatar

My intention is not to trick crafters into war zones.. I plan to craft so if I have the mats I and I know many other people that would do the repair ourselves ..
    When the area is defeated 99 percent of the people will have moved on making the risk much much lower..

11. Duke Lorimus

Duke Lorimus Avatar

We have Moon magic to help with this..

And as it was stated when your inside a structure the target would not be you well until a wall is breached .. or what have you.

12. Roper Docholiday

Roper Docholiday Avatar

I still find it funny that people still think that crafter's which include gatherer's in this game wont go to pvp area's. make it worth my time and ill be their all day long. unfortunately to many people want to take away other peoples fun cause they don't find something fun them selves. i love risking pvp areas to steal greater resources or better xp. i loved the unicornslady idea. i would defiantly help in any way possible to make something like that happen. yes even though we all got older and smarter their will always be the people that love to gank just to gank but that shouldt stop you from having fun the way you want to have fun. nor do i believe just cause u don't like something u should take away from another persons idea of fun. this game has plenty of room. if you don't like something play in another part of the sandbox and put your big boy or girl panties on.

4EverLost likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.