cool to be archer

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by emzkun, Aug 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. emzkun

emzkun Avatar

in r20, i change my weapon to long bow from two-hand sword, for the sake of trying. Well, what I am amazed is to be able to shoot enemies while running backward, hahaha it's great. i never done that in other games, But i don't know if guild wars 2 or final fantasy XIV has that capability, while retreating, you can still shoot arrows.

It really surprise me!!

Last edited: Aug 6, 2015
  2. ECBoots

ECBoots Avatar

I also switched from using either 2-hand swords or dual wielding blades to Ranged with AutoAttack turned off. Entirely different game experience and I'm enjoying it a lot more!

Gabriel Nightshadow likes this.
  3. stridecolossus

stridecolossus Avatar

Archery got some love in R20 so I thought I'd give it a go: for me it turned out to be a lot of fun, even the bog-standard bow does a tonne of damage, especially combined with roots, the ranged slow skill and DoT magic. Able to take on several on-level enemies with barely a scratch which I was struggling to achieve with swords. And as the OP said you can leg it and still shoot the enemies :)

The only issue is replenishing arrows. However I found that they are not that expensive to buy and seem relatively cheap and easy to craft, leaving my avatar with enough dosh to ramp up skills and crafting.

I tried switching off auto-attack to reduce ammo costs but I found it harder to control (prefer to use mouse to move rather than WSAD keys) but YMMV.

Q - anyone found a longbow recipe? I can find shortbow from NPCs in Owl's Head but no others, am I missing something? they available elsewhere? or just not in-game yet?

4. Rebelweasel

Rebelweasel Avatar

I saw long bow recipes on sotawiki however I didn't test them to verify if they were viable. It's a bit of a tossup whether recipes listed there work or not, but it's worth a shot.

5. emzkun

emzkun Avatar

And guys what if you also have taming skills? You found yourself a tank you needed for absorbing damage!!! you just summon him and let him be in charge of the front line while you shooting multiple shot as support!!! For now, I'm trying to max out my ranged passive skills and after that I try to have taming skills. By the way I'm thinking of taming timberwolf, I remember GI Joe's Snake Eyes with his timberwolf.

[​IMG]

6. emzkun

emzkun Avatar

Another cool thing is you can use roll on in close combat, to minimize damage during one on one. roll to the opposite side then shoot, as soon as he is going to attack again, roll to the other side then shoot, easier if auto-attack is activated. Cool!!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 9, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.