Lot Placement Tool & Town Growth

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by Bowen Bloodgood, Aug 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

The lot placement tool opens up new ways of looking at player owned towns. Portalarium has said there will be an in-game means to acquire towns and that means will an incur a regular fee.. Right now towns are defined by square unity meters and we can only purchase them predefined sizes..

Right now, all towns use large templates big enough for a metropolis.. even holdfasts. Add the lot placement tool and you have a town scene that is one size fits all.

So.. all this has got me thinking.. what if I want to expand my little holdfast but I don't need as much room as the next town size up? What if I only need room for one or two more lots? Wouldn't be cool if we could expand our towns based on the amount of land used by each lot and decorative piece & NPC buildings instead of by a limited pre-defined town size?

The town owner (or manager) goes to a certain NPC and pays a fee for X amount of land and that amount of land available for use is added to their town.

If you want to add an NPC building.. you pay the fee for the land plus construction etc..

Upper limits based on a metropolis.

This would give even small town owners the opportunity and flexibility to expand anyway they choose without being limited by the original town restrictions.

2. Senash Kasigal

Senash Kasigal Avatar

Good Idea!

Stahlknecht and Bowen Bloodgood like this.
  3. Hati

Hati Avatar

Is there going to be a cap on the amount of player owned towns? Im a bit concerned at how cluttered it will end up before too long. The idea itself was a good one, but only to a limit.

4. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

There is a cap on how many will be visible on the map, and that cap is hit. No more for Episode 1 and this map/continent. You can have a nested PoT that isn't visible on the map and you can only get to via your town.

For example, we want to add an underground cave PoT to Rift's End. You won't see it from the map, but you go into Rift's End and enter a cave, and from there you see the underground scene.

Hati and Duke Raas like this.
  5. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

On that note there was always the possibility of underground towns.. it had been discussed before player owned towns. (though not in great detail)

Hati likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.