A couple questions about crits

Discussion in 'Crafting & Gathering' started by Gringo2, Aug 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gringo2

Gringo2 Avatar

I was curious about a couple things. Say im crafting a piece of white iron plate and it crits, do the 3 extra sheets also have to be white iron? Or could they just be iron or copper? The other question I had is what component and how many do you need for weapon crits? Like head/blade or handle/hilt? Thanks in advance for any info.

2. Roper Docholiday

Roper Docholiday Avatar

generally yes it does... it will tell you what it wants for it to crit out. the rule of thumb i use is that i have the ability to make 3 of what ever item i want to make. im not sure on the component side if there is a set rule as it has appeared to be random but i haven't made a ton of crit item's i made what i needed and stopped.

KuBaTRiZeS likes this.
  3. Gringo2

Gringo2 Avatar

Ahh ok I had it happen twice making my plate suit and had to decline both times as I had just enough materials to make the piece. Maybe it did specify the type of sheet and I forgot. Interesting it could be any of the components. But if you dont have them on hand are you saying you can close the station and make them and still come back to the crit option?

Roper Docholiday and KuBaTRiZeS like this.
  4. Kevin2437

Kevin2437 Avatar

Which begs the question - are you offered the Crit if you don't have the extra items in your inventory?

Do you have to hold extra items 'just in case' a crit comes up or do you get the opportunity - as Gringo2 is asking about - to break off and make the extra items then return to finish off?

5. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

Yeah, I always wait until I have twice of everything to craft because of the crits.

Also of note, I had thought that it was just the 3 extra white iron sheets that would be added to get the critical success however for both my leggings and chest (both crafted today) I instead had to add fustian straps for the crit.

6. Gringo2

Gringo2 Avatar

Thanks for your input Sara and Roper, I have a little better understanding of it. Still curious as to what Roper means exactly by whatever it needs I can craft it. Sounds like he is coming back to finish it with that statement.

7. Gringo2

Gringo2 Avatar

Ok after having played around with it more, I have to say Sara has it down. Just have double everything that you need as it seems to be a random component used in the process of making the item and will be exactly the amount needed to make the item.

8. Margaritte

Margaritte Avatar

I've had it ask for more bindings on cloth chest armor, an extra stave or strings for bows, and extra cloth on boots, gloves, helm and leggings (all cloth based armor), but like the others, I've mainly made enough items to get that crit and then not made anymore.

I, too, just make sure I have enough to make two of everything. Can't imagine the sinking feeling that would happen if you got offered crit and didn't have whatever it wanted :'(

9. Gringo2

Gringo2 Avatar

Yes Margaritte, thankfully the ones I previously declined were before I had the right stats I wanted down anyways. So no real loss there but I will make sure that doesnt happen again lol.

Roper Docholiday and margaritte like this.
  10. Haz

Haz Avatar

Howdy Folks,

I've been told that the only time a crit is offered is on the final assembly of the item. That's correct, right? Meaning, at my production level I can make everything I need for a good bow, but the possibility of a crit will only come upon the actual assembly of the items into one cohesive weapon. So I can make everything I need, hand the components off to a better crafter than myself for a higher possibility of a crit when creating the completed unit itself. What about adding a gem to the weapon? Is there a possibility of a crit there?

Thanks folks.

Haz Mac

11. Margaritte

Margaritte Avatar

Hmm, no one has chimed in on this, but as far as I know, the crafting skill mechanics that give higher levels a better stab at getting crit gear are not on line yet, but will hopefully be in the next release.

To answer the first part of your question, yes, the crit offer only comes during the final assembly of the item. I have put gems on a lot of weapons, and have never seen a crit offer there, so I don't think so. Again, though, that's just my understanding. Hopefully someone who knows for sure will come along and give a better answer :D

Roper Docholiday and Duke Raas like this.
  12. Roper Docholiday

Roper Docholiday Avatar

sorry Gringo2 didn't see your question back to me... not sure i get your question.

but for me i stopped trying to crit my suit before lvl 45. no idea i have not herd that any system being online for higher lvls wasn't in but @ lvl 49 i crit within 2 tries on almost everything. if not the first time. where when i was lvl 40 i tried to make an item 7 tries later still had not crit.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2015
  13. Margaritte

Margaritte Avatar

I'm only 37 prd, iirc, and seem to crit on the first try or the 8th try, like every time. Maybe it IS already in?

Roper Docholiday likes this.
  14. Gringo2

Gringo2 Avatar

As margaritte said, yes only the final construction can crit...not components. I have never had a crit on a gem yet myself. At prd 42 it seems I am critting more often but its hard to say for sure. Most all my prd has come from mining all the damn iron I need for white iron sheets or the wolves i skinned leveling to adv 50 tho. So its hard to say, im just trying to finish an all crit gear setup for myself....only legs and chest to go!

margaritte and Roper Docholiday like this.
  15. Roper Docholiday

Roper Docholiday Avatar

GRATS i only finished my crit suit a few days ago and half tempted to change it all together to something else so i might have to remake the suit one more time. u can save yourself white iron sheets on chest and legs by making the copper sheets instead but it comes out a funky color but it does make it a lot cheaper as i use more iron than i do copper so i always have copper laying about all you do is swap copper sheets and white iron metal strap

margaritte likes this.
  16. Gringo2

Gringo2 Avatar

Yea I thought about that Roper but figured id come out looking goofy so im just going all white iron :)

17. Gringo2

Gringo2 Avatar

I have actually made a hefty sum of gold selling my copper on the player vendor however lol

18. Roper Docholiday

Roper Docholiday Avatar

very nice that always helps i gave most of mine to other people who were making weapons and stuff i share with a group and with that we borrow a lot from each other as we are not using x resource at what ever time

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.