Am I supposed to be receiving email updates?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sirius Sternwarte, Aug 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sirius Sternwarte

Sirius Sternwarte Avatar

Hi Folks,
    I pledged support to this project in April using this site and I have not received any emails or newsletters. Have I been missing anything? I can't find anywhere to opt in/out of email updates. I try to check this site when I can, but unfortunately I've been quite distracted with car issues and October 2014 is still a while away..
    The main reason I ask is - can we expect to be advised in advance if/when we are required to submit artwork i.e. for family crests, or when some of the digital content becomes available?
    Is there any kind of virtual inventory list of content we may have qualified for?

Loved the demo video by the way :)

2. Sir Frank

Sir Frank Master of the Mint

3. Owain

Owain Avatar

There is nothing much for them to announce as of yet, so no one to my knowledge has received any emails. I get occasional kickstarter blurbs, ususally announcing things like a new dev chat, but your best source of information is to be had here.

4. Umbrae

Umbrae Avatar

Did you pledge via the SOTA site or Kickstarter? They have made Kickstarter updates, they aren't thorough but announce big stuff, which Kickstarter should deliver to you if you have email updates enabled. If you pledged through the SOTA site I don't think they send anything out, but I did not pledge that way. I know FireLotus is wanting RSS on the main news page, but they have not implemented that yet.

You can also subscribe to this thread for Dev Chats and stuff. You should be able to go to your preferences on the forum and have it email you when there are updates in it.

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/upcoming-live-dev-cam-hangouts.150/

5. stile

stile Avatar

Feel free to sign up for my news feed via email over at www.thecaverns.net If you prefer you can get it Via RSS. Facebook group: Shroud of the Avatar - Twitter: Stile Teckel

But email is one option. My goal is to be a one spot news feed for all news. So my news is not always original (although sometimes it is), but I publish all news from all sources. So rather then having to go to the 30+ places i'm getting my news from, you can get it all from one place with me doing all the work *shrugs*. I read it all anyway, so figure I may as well act as a hub and pay it forward.

That said sometimes real life may cause me to be a day or two behind and im not perfect so its always possible I may miss a tidbit here or there.

6. Mystic

Mystic Avatar

I would check Kickstarter and make sure everything went through okay if you're not receiving emails.

7. Sirius Sternwarte

Sirius Sternwarte Avatar

Thanks for the clarifications and links, much appreciated.
    I haven't had anything to do with Kickstarter, I pledged on this site. - I do not speak for the Amazonians, we stand apart.

8. Mystic

Mystic Avatar

9. SirBoss

SirBoss Avatar

the web site is your information log on here and read and post.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.