PVP as it stands now still lame! Sorry but the truth is out there!

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by blaquerogue, Aug 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Couple things i learned last night with one of the best PVPrs in the game is that things are still unbalanced!

He was a Mage (of course!) I am Melee lvl 59, there is no PVP match competition between the two!! Which tells me nothing has changed! If you want to win a PVP match one on one, you either go straight mage, or Mage Hybrid (mostly mage still!) I went Hybrid mage Bludgeon (mostly bludgeon) No competition against mage, then i went straight melee Str, dex, health, earth innates, bludgeon, Still barley any damage to a mage in cloth!

So my question is, how the hell can a cloth or leather wearing person withstand a bludgeon hit from a 2 handed mace! And barley take any damage??????????? Really guys??? all this work on combat and still you've gotten nowhere on damage balance!!!!

Dont get me wrong if a mage hits me with magic it should damage me pretty bad even in plate (except for a few spells, Fire should dissipate against plate, ice should weaken plate, lightening bolt should do better damage than any other spell, metal does conduct electricity), but when i close on that mage he should cripple under my hit!!!!!!! Cloth, even with protection couldn't withstand a hit like that from a high strength and high Dex character!!! Only in this game!! Thats a shame! So that needs to be fixed, most Melee warriors will not participate in PVP because of that. There is no even battle between mages and melee, mages will always win unless they are like level 10!

This is what I hate sooo much about this game, I dont like playing mages but i have too! So basically i am being forced by you designers to play a Mage, if i want to do PVP, and that doesn't make me happy at all, no one should be forced to play one way or another! The combat looks great the scenery looks great, PVP looks like crap! It hasn't improved except for the way it looks and the motions in attacks, but attacks themselves from a Melee perspective sucks! Its unreal, and pretty lame!
    (dont get PVP one on one Mixed up with group PVP!) Group PVP is fine (if you have a group) So all the guild wars wanters and city vs city pvp wanters you have it now.

Please fix this!!!!!

If the answer to this is "Deal With it!" the same answer should be put forth to full loot PVP, to those that dont want it!

Last edited: Aug 6, 2015
  2. 4EverLost

4EverLost Avatar

They still haven't put in the cover and all those improvements to armor and stuff, you know? Weren't you on that thread? o_O

Bolck likes this.
  3. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Yeah but with the power level of mages, it still wont matter!

Atogrim and Bolck like this.
  4. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

You are NOT forced to PLAY anything, you chose to and you also chose to Fight Players and NOT play the game. I know PvP is not all you do but it is all you talk about :-(

I can understand wanting to fight other "intelligent" targets but to make it the whole point of the game is NOT what SotA is about.

Sorry you feel that is all you want out of the game but :-(

As for the imbalance, you know as well as anyone how far along we are and how far we have to go so the constant whining about it really doesn't do you or the game any justice.

And also Level In PvP is irrelevant just more points to spread around, they stated that in patch notes.

And last note on this, and EVERY player out there KONWS this to be a fact - TRUE BALANCE is impossible there will ALWAYS be a template / skill / spell out there that throws the PvP world on its head . . . . ALWAYS.

They are working on it, stop please just stop complaining about it.

Ned888 likes this.
  5. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Also while im on the subject... There should be different bars for Melee and magery! I spend more points in magic crap to get melee crap or improve m y health str and dex, i shouldnt have a focus bar i should have a melee bar instead, for how long i can use my skills i pick so many wasted points in places we shouldnt need.

Atogrim and Xandra7 like this.
  6. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

LOL i expected youd come in and attack this post your like an open book!

Fact of the matter is if you were forced to play PVP youd be just as upset as i am about being forced to play a mage!!!!!! Get over yourself! I understand that this isnt just a pvp game and yes i do play the PVE aspect of it, this complaint has nothing to do with that!

If you attack me one more time in any of my threads i will report you! Im really getting tired of your crap every time! Im forced to do that, by the devs to hit the report button otherwise i would have had a lot more to attack you back with! and get banned again!!!! But now i am told that i should hit the report button when there are attacks on me! Your attacking me and this thread!

Skyo, Atogrim, Bolck and 1 other person like this.
  7. Bubonic

Bubonic Avatar

Weins201, you're being dismissive. His points are valid, whether you like it or not.

Blaquerogue, you're going a bit off the deep end here. Take a breath.

8. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

(breathing getting calmer, steady breaths...Ok i think im good now! Thanks Bubonic! :) Certain people get me crazy on here!!!

9. AviarAmidar

AviarAmidar Avatar

I agree and think a three bar system would be best. Health / Stamina / Focus. Adding in a Stamina bar for melee is definitely something that I think would add more depth to the game and be the first step to balancing out melee vs. magic.

10. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Yeah i still dont get why they haven't made a separate bar for Melee and Magery! That would make things a lot better i would think, wouldn't have to waste so much points in magery such as (Heightened awareness and Train intelligence not to mention points in magic trees to get your strength and protection up!

11. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

I will NEVER be forced to Pvp just like you aren't, it is YOUR choice.

And if you actually read my post I know you do more than PvP.

12. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

and i said that already as well. But if i choose to do PVP one on one , then i am forced to be a mage. I dont run around with my PVP flag on because it is no match if attacked by a mage(which pretty much everyone is) ! I love doing group PVP even as it stands now, but that is the reason you see me un flagged! Its a waste of time. Trust me if i thought i stood a chance against a mage i would run flagged all the time.

Let me clarify this in case there is any misunderstanding, this is strictly from my PVP point of view Hence the PVP part of the forums! (which i have plenty of experience from other games)

This is not a PVP vs PVE thread
    I gave props for this (The combat looks great the scenery looks great PVE) in the last paragraph in the OP!

just so everyone knows if you follow me (anyone can i dont care) and go back to my posts, all of my posts are not PVP ones, I have some that are what items, houses and skills we would like to have in game! Im just passionate about PVP. I also feel screwed when i choose to play PVP if i choose not to be a mage!

Atogrim likes this.
  13. Xail

Xail Avatar

He was not talking of pretending a TRUE BALANCE....he was talking that there is TOTALLY HUGE UNBALANCE....

Weins201...and rereding your post there are always a lot of rethoric distortions....like this: "I can understand wanting to fight other "intelligent" targets but to make it the whole point of the game is NOT what SotA is about."..... Who sad that he wanted to make the whole point of the game?....

You always go your own train of thoughts that have nothing to do with the thread....

14. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

It doesn't surprise me that melee still isn't working out. The change that was made over holding the mouse button to increase power was great........however removing the target system is just awful for PvP and was completely unnecessary imo.

Just a few tweaks would help PvP:
    - Allow players the option to target properly whilst using the free attack system
    - Speed up the free attack system (not having to hold the button for as long for max strength)
    - Potions should be instant (might already be the case)
    - Other healing options that are more akin to melee eg bandages
    - Attack speed related to the cooldown of actions and speed of glyphs
    - Spells/actions that prevent healing (poison, mortal wound etc) coupled with counter actions
    - Speed up everything by about 10% (movement, casting, swing speeds etc etc)

15. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

LOL and he would know he was on the winning end of those battles where we tested it!

Roper Docholiday and Atogrim like this.
  16. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Dismissive isn't the word I would use. But then again I am not a nice person. So let's stay with dismissive.

But btt:
    Envy and blaquerogue have a lot of valid points.
    You can only achieve some kind of balance with constant tweaking. We are in r20 now and it's getting better....but only in ant-tiny steps.
    It's time for a big jump. It's overdue.
    We need some kind of big pvp test and not this small scale chosen people stuff we had recently. Didn't get us very far as it seems.

17. Talmanes

Talmanes Avatar

blaquerogue, I've seen mages overpowered in most mmorpgs. The way I got around that in UO was making awesome templates to counter. In some games you just have to go mage to be on top. I don't think Melee will have that kind of control in SotA. Hopefully they make it a closer match, but I don't think they'll ever bring Melee >= Mage. All down to mechanics, players who want to win will follow what is favored in the mechanics.

18. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Heres the difference between Mags and Melee..Mages have to keep a distance and attack (like archers) So im good with getting blasted with fire arrows and Ice arrows as im closing the gap (taking damage along the way) But when i finally get to that mage (if i do) then that mage should take extreme damage when my hammer comes crushing down on him, since the mage is wearing leather or cloth (all those bonus's to his mage skill, and no fizzle) leather or cloth is not going to lessen the damage! So the mage makes big damage at a distance the melee makes big damage when close up.

So that isnt where the game stands at this moment. So within what i just wrote is the balancing technique, Mage = Damage from distance, Melee = Damage up close. points of damage to a cloth wearing mage is ridiculous!

thats my point the balance is not there.

19. KuBaTRiZeS

KuBaTRiZeS Avatar

Heh, i remember times where it was the opposite... nothing could match a two handed weapon beatup. For your tone i asume that changed a long time ago... but look at it this way; both extremes have been tested, and now lots of things are going to change! Let's see if when they finish changing stuff on the combat system they try to put some balance in (and there are a lot of things to do regarding general combat before addressing pvp balance, imo). I like your comments and Envy's, hope they will be took in consideration in the future.

I haven't done PVP this release but i know you've been doing PVP all these releases i havent played, so i believe your concerns are real (besides, all the pvp i read around is mage mage mage :S) so hang in there a little longer! the time will come when cloth bearing mages will cripple upon your hit :p At the moment... is archery time :cool:.

What i think is that since focus pretends to be a mix between stamina and mana, dexterity should also raise the focus reserve (less than int, but a little bit).

blaquerogue likes this.
  20. Talmanes

Talmanes Avatar

I agree with you man, it makes sense. You just don't see it very often. I think it's because mages get more respect due to the increased difficulty. Also, it wouldn't be difficult to put what you are seeing in the lore, they are magical after all so it's easy to imagine a justification. For balance they should be a glass cannon, high DPS and low defense/health. What you typically get is a character that can fill any role with the right spells. The other approach is Mage is DPS and Warrior is Sustain, still puts the melee down in 1v1. Melee could be DPS with the right load out as well, two handed esc. But that would still put a pure warrior below a mage/warrior hybrid.

I had a nox fencer/macer and it took a lot of skill to play right (had just enough of several skills to cover several situations). Tons of fun, every couple years I'll go to a UO Freeshard and play again (Still the most fun, if you can find a populated server that doesn't have all bank sitters in trammy garb).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.