Seizure concern

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TheWanderingPoet, Aug 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheWanderingPoet

TheWanderingPoet Avatar

So far this game has done very well keeping graphics to a basic. Every skill isn't flashy or fancy. Due to that I hoped to be able to play with a friend of mine who has a condition which flashing and flickering can induce seizures or require extended periods of rest to recover. As you may or may not know, very few games are epilepsy friendly as I have tried for years to find a suitable game which we would both enjoy.

As I test this game my primary focus is the lights and how they affect their environment, especially in regards to flashing/flickering. That being said, there is one aspect of the game that fails that test, and leaves me with a concern for seizures. When fighting mages I discovered that the fireballs create a bright flash of light each time they hit a player. The flash isn't small either, covering nearly 60% of my screen each time. Now with one mage there is the chance they could cover their eyes for a moment, however when 2 or even 3 mages get involved this is no longer an option, causing a strobe-like effect.

I know this isn't something 99% of the gamer population cares about, but I'm hoping at the very least for an option to disable such things. If this effect remained, the entire combat portion of the game would be unavailable to them.

I hope this is in the right forum.

Peabo, KuBaTRiZeS, Albus and 7 others like this.
  2. Albus

Albus Avatar

Sounds like a good option to me, could help prevent migraines and nausea also.

3. Abhann

Abhann Avatar

While it would be great if games like SotA had a "flash filter" option of some kind, it would be even better if the graphics card manufacturers could include such with drivers....this is a major problem for many people.

Vaentorian likes this.
  4. -sCo-

-sCo- Avatar

I would like to see such an option as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.