Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

No movement while healing

Discussion in 'Release 21 Feedback' started by Poor game design, Sep 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

I think this would help balance healing quite a bit.

Movement interrupts all healing spells.

2. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

3. Damian Killingsworth

Damian Killingsworth Avatar

I second that

4. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

So moving when using any spell, that would balance all of them...or no moving when swinging weapons...

5. Kendaric

Kendaric Avatar

Can you even cast any heals other than Healing Touch and Purify while moving? Healing Touch should be low enough to be inconsequential and Purify only cleanses DoTs, both of which are needed in PvE (looking at you spiders...). I can see how it is an issue in PvP, but admittedly I´d hate to lose something that´s needed in PvE to solve an issue with PvP (which I´ll never engage in).

4EverLost likes this.
  6. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

There's a game setting checked by default to stop moving while casting spells, I haven't unchecked it but I have noticed spell glpyhs showing the % non-fizzle rate have the number go down a bit while moving. So apparently moving increases fizzle rate (on the order of 10%?).

And I think I should question the Original Premise... balance healing with what? Is this a PvP balance issue? If so, then I think it's not an unreasonable idea, but I'm not sure if the balance is so bad with the few baby healing spells that you can cast while moving when that option is checked. Maybe just force it on during PvE?

And I do take advantage of that in PvE when running away from something, casting Healing Touch when I would like to have a Healing Ray so that I don't stop running. (And I've even had times when HT pauses movement, I'm not sure why.) But usually I'm too busy maneuvering myself and the camera while running, and have a hard time hitting that glyph.

7. causepain

causepain Avatar

I'm against that, it seems that only healer can be PRIEST, not SHAMAN, DRUID, BATTLE MAGE, MONK and so on.

It won't help balance it would only encourage more people to use programs to BOT and MACRO (leave character in night with simple macro pressing 1,2,3,4,5 and in the morning You will have good character, because it is hard to do that healing should advance when HP is healed). Right now while i'm running in town i use healing spells to advance, if heal could be casted only while standing it, we should do that to ALL spells.

To balance spells THEY first NEED FIX attacks range, turning and much more.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.