No world chat in Shroud is a security risk, kills newbies, and perhaps a kitten or two.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Greyfox, Sep 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Enfo

Enfo Avatar

Listen here is the major issue - Again 2 camps.

You have the group that enjoys figuring out things for themselves and not having their hand held to accomplish goals and find little tidbits, such as the sword and shield and the mortar and pestle quest from solcebridge

Then you have the group that claims that other people can't figure these things out, so thats why we need global chat so they can have their questions answered easily and quickly...
    And map markers to help show you the next point in the quest chain, because reading is not fun to everyone...
    and easier quests with your journal showing you the exact route you need to walk to get where you need to go, because some people can't figure that out...
    and global auction houses - because some people could walk 5 minutes to get a better deal but they won't know about it plus i can sell me goods more easy and new players will have 2 hard time figure out how go when walk down path
    and instant-ramen-noodle-levels because new players will be hurt by lack of instant gratification...

You get the idea...

Logain likes this.
  2. sn0tub

sn0tub Avatar

The Secret World manages to keep both camps happy. Less sarcasm more dialogue?

Solazur and ledoc like this.
  3. Gix

Gix Avatar

You just confirmed that the game (and its current design) is in even worse shape that I original thought. You say I need patience but I say the game needs to be COHERENT.

So basically what you're telling me is that, in order to enjoy this amazing OPEN world, I have to figure out that, once in Soltown, that I should find this random dude so that he can send me to one of the the few (if not only) places that low level characters can actually have a chance in combat... and this is the area where I just ran AWAY from in the first place.

And all I needed for this to magically make sense is that I have patience? Do you know what the word "intuitive" means? This is the tool used to teach new players how to play the game?

Last edited: Sep 15, 2015
  4. Enfo

Enfo Avatar

Maplestory did it better.

Throwing out that someone somewhere has the solution without expressing said solution is straight up trolling.

I don't know what you even mean.. we need to divide everyone into one of three camps? Add guns? Custom chat channels that anyone can join to spam globally? What mediums ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.