Crafted Properties on Armor - Resist , Absord , Avoid - please clarify and explain

Discussion in 'Crafting & Gathering' started by Weins201, Aug 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

[​IMG]

Ok these numbers are the BASE numbers for Armor No accounting for ANY material properties SIMPLY BASE NUMBERS -

So what does each one mean AND

WHY IS LEAHER 9 , 0 , 3 AND CLOTH 9 , 0 , 5

Something is definatly wrong here.

Any follow on posters please don't waste my time with "if you make it out of copper, and crit . . . . . . "

ALL I AM LOOKING AT ARE BASE NUMBERS.

TY

Last edited: Aug 24, 2015
  2. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Agree completely, Weins....

Not sure how this happened, but no way should (natural) cloth be higher in Resists than (natural) leather....

This ain't right.

3. Katrina Bekers

Katrina Bekers Localization Team

This puzzled me since the recent buff to cloth base armor.

I guess the answer is the usual "because balance".

With my play style, a leather armor would be far more appropriate. But I'm not leaving full cloth suit anytime soon, given the clear advantages it has.

4. Roper Docholiday

Roper Docholiday Avatar

that shows why their is no market for leather.... not to mention the lower fizel rate of cloth over leather

5. KuBaTRiZeS

KuBaTRiZeS Avatar

Just finished crafting my leather armor set... i knew leather was not "right" in terms of armour, but i expected it to give same protection as cloth... knowing that some numbers of cloth are higher... i feel deceived :(

FrostII and Jivalax Azon like this.
  6. Memnation

Memnation Avatar

Your data says 9 0 6 on cloth not 9 0 5
    Although the problem remains the same.

7. Pleione

Pleione Avatar

Related, the "fizzle" numbers are now extra vague as well, since they affect some spells differently from others. Likewise, its unclear if different metals have different impacts on specific skills. e.g. Are copper based armors better than iron based armors for spell casters?

8. drrhodes

drrhodes Avatar

On the leather vs cloth avoidance issue ... My take on the word avoidance is that one "avoids" the attack, rather than reducing damage. So with cloth armor, that could mean one can dodge easier. But that's based on my take of the meanings of words, not necessarily what the words mean in context. Just to nullify my explanation, plate has a higher avoidance than either leather or cloth. So, I dunno.

If there's a definitive explanation somewhere on what the various armor attributes mean, that would help.

9. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Look at the property tables the metals are all Str / defense related, as well as the leathers, the two cloths can ba an boost to mages in either intel or mag damage. There is no need to speculate. So please do not say it is unclear it is VERY clear.

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...-here-are-the-charts-enjoy.37223/#post-422543

The above charts are the BASE numbers for type and piece.

10. Pleione

Pleione Avatar

Ah, at least when I read that chart, I can boost Int and Mag Damage on all the metals as well. In fact, I have made many an +INT, or +MD chainmail and plate set... I don't see your point?

Katrina Bekers likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.