Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Skill advancement display

Discussion in 'Release 22 Feedback' started by Hermetic, Oct 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hermetic

Hermetic Avatar

In the skill tree display("k") there seems to be some inconsistency.

Some skills show whole numbers in the skill values while others show decimal places... or one decimal place anyway.

E.g.
    Some show the current skill level and the next level like this:

--------------------------------
    +3.5 Damage Resistance

Next Level:
    +3.6 Damage Resistance
    -------------------------------

"Nice, I can 'see' that on my next level up for that skill I will be a better fighter, defensively speaking."

While some show it like:

+24 Dexterity

Next Level:
    +24 Dexterity

"What? I put in all that work and I am not going to get rewarded with better dex?!"

With skills like that last one, at high enough levels one may see many level-ups without seeing the values change. It makes it seem like one isn't making any progress at all. It would provide a lot more useful information if it showed something like:

+24.1 Dexterity

Next Level:
    +24.2 Dexterity

And if the advancement becomes slow enough at higher and higher levels I would like to see it go to two decimal places if the single decimal place would be unchanged:

+56.11 Dexterity

Next Level:
    +56.14 Dexterity

Skills that have a range of values are bad like that too. One sees level-up after level-up and still no apparent upward change:

11 - 32 Physical Damage

Next Level:
    11 - 32 Physical Damage

Letting players see 'exactly' how much one is gaining on skill advancements, I feel, would not only add to interface consistency but but give players a better sense that they are indeed getting somewhere, rather than feeling they are beating their brains out with little reward.

p.s.
    Having that green skill progress bar( at the bottom of each glyph in the skill tree ) appear in the hotbar( or whatever the quick-use free-attack bar that appears at the bottom of the screen is called ) might be a good addition as well.

2. Zassik Dreadmort

Zassik Dreadmort Avatar

I really like the idea of the progress bar for each skill being displayed under the glyphs on the hotbar.

3. Duffrey Blake

Duffrey Blake Avatar

I like numbers and support the OP. I also suggest an overview tab in the skills window that will sort skills per skill points or schools etc.. Actually some sort of character sheet extension.

4. tesyra

tesyra Avatar

To be honest, i can live without such things, but am always in favour of being given options, and can think of no reason whatsoever that the above three suggestions (Hermetic, Zassik and Duffrey) get implemented.
    Options are always good and as long as people can choose to use them or not, then lets have more options

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.