Govern System For SotA

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Apollox Evanheart, Oct 19, 2015.

?

If SotA had active elections, would you vote?

1. Yes!

38.1%
  2. No!

28.6%
  3. Maybe. Depends on who's running if I'll get involed.

33.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Apollox Evanheart

Apollox Evanheart Avatar

I've been thinking about a Government system for PoTs, Overland Maps, and even NPC towns. I've seen these previously discussed in forums quite some time ago and wanted to put the people of SotA up to a poll about voting (I see what I did there). I'm sure this will be implemented in the future. But what are your thoughts? How far should it go? Do you even care to vote?

2. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Yes please.

Right now the PRTs (player lots only towns) are the least popular choice. Something that could mitigate that could be if they could vote for a mayor with some sets of cosmetic features. (Not steward powers though, that would open up guild griefing heaven. )

For instance the feature to select a town NPC or something similar that benefits the town.

Apollox Evanheart likes this.
  3. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

We have Guilds and POTs have their own systems the game does NOT need to implement something players can do on their own.

And what you think someone can be "president/king/lord" of SotA, to what end?

4. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

POTs can handle elections for mayors on their own with in game elections they roleplay out.

I guess my big question is what exactly being a mayor would entail. What game mechanics do you think we need from Portalarium?

5. Apollox Evanheart

Apollox Evanheart Avatar

Some good points. But also not addressing a system that could be in place to assist with leadership. Cosmetic items/perks could be great as mentioned. Anything added would be purely to assist as it would still be up to players to be involved: rally, vote, debate and so on. I'm not asking for a system to be implemented that does this all for us.

As far as lord of SotA... Im talking on a smaller scale. Im not thinking KING of SotA by any means. It's an idea. An opinion as to I'd support this.

Guilds? Really? as we all know guilds don't always carry the best interest for people. Sometimes trolling, taunting, harassing people. Atleast with an Assist system in play it will let the people decide if they want.

6. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

so you again want the game to assist in governing once a player vote is taken on something - - sorry nope.

And before you say no - you said "At least with an assist system in place . . . " That is a in game mechanic

7. Apollox Evanheart

Apollox Evanheart Avatar

Yes pots can handle election with role playing. But who's to say it's not rigged? How about a Ballot system in game that can accurately take votes. Or a debate mechanic that allows everyone a fair chance and equal opportunity. I am in no way asking sota to govern our governing system. Just game mechanics to help out.

8. Apollox Evanheart

Apollox Evanheart Avatar

Hmmm I see what you mean. Ok. Then let Me put it this way. I think SotA could add in game tools to assist. :D

9. Curt

Curt Avatar

I picture this as more a lot of cities states that each decides how they is governed.

10. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

Where is a government system needed in property rights? Someone must purchase a POT. Are you asking for tools so people that did not contribute to that purchase can govern the POT?

Or as you thinking administrative tools for the POT owner.

11. Apollox Evanheart

Apollox Evanheart Avatar

Honestly these, tools, mechanics, or systems would be optional for role players or people who favor structure but not forced upon by SotA. That's how I feel about it and is in my opinion. If I implied that it wasn't optional. Well that's my mistake.

For PoTs... owners can choose to use the tools or not.

12. Apollox Evanheart

Apollox Evanheart Avatar

Archeage Jury system was a cluster of madness that led to trolling and hate. It was a system abused by alot who used it. Again not optional as it was forced.

13. Fyerwall

Fyerwall Avatar

Best thing for this sort of system would be to have the community create a tool should they feel the need to have one.

I can see maybe some players maybe wanting a system like this if they create a player run town. But the need would most likely be few and far between for devs to focus on.

14. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

How could it be options for a NPC town? Majority vote isn't optional, it's 50% +1 choosing for the 50% -1

Ravicus Domdred likes this.
  15. Apollox Evanheart

Apollox Evanheart Avatar

NPC towns wouldn't be ran by a player. It would have a elected official just like other towns do in other games. I mean sure they say mayor and when you come back to game years later they still are mayor cause it's just a character. But would be great to see the towns change mayors and look to be electing officials but not actually do so as this would be quite some extra work to add. Pots is where I actually see the tools to be used.

16. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

Ok, let me rephrase the question.

What value does a mayor of an NPC city bring? Specially if partaking in the system in optional. Will they be able to govern over players, even if it's against their will. Will the players be able to opt out of things they don't agree with. At which point it will make the system an election system without a government.

I really not seeing what government is needed. Unless it's a POT and POTs are owned by 1 person. What they could use is administrative tools.

Ravicus Domdred and Andaluz like this.
  17. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

NPC town government is an interesting idea. I just wonder what the mayor would really do?

However ... voting ... I don't know. It seems too prone to being dominated by the super large guilds if done by simple vote.

Not that I am opposed to large guilds. I just don't like the idea of the little guy being aced out by a game play mechanic.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2015
  18. Apollox Evanheart

Apollox Evanheart Avatar

My main focus was pots for an actual rping tools. As far as NPC it could go along way as to helping tell a story, bringing the environment of a town to life, or simply making it appear to have structure. But like some systems (archeage jury system for recent comparison), there will be flaws. I'm just brainstorming myself.

19. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

I think a ballot box would be a good RP tool as an item.

You place it somewhere and characters may write an entry to place in the ballot box. A character may not place a second entry until the ballots are counted and a new poll or election is started.

The person who owns the ballot box can count the entries.

20. Apollox Evanheart

Apollox Evanheart Avatar

Perfect! This is one of the tools I was saying would be helpful.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.