Ankh Necklace & Paper Doll

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Razimus, Oct 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Razimus

Razimus Avatar

Silver Serpent and Ankh necklaces being invisible and having zero stats. At least the 100% useless necklaces can't be broken. In UO when a piece of jewelry was 'worthless' at least people could see it by opening the paper doll. Will we be able to see the paper doll of other players in the future? It would be a very nice feature.

In UO you could only see earrings & rings in the player paper doll, there were only a few microscopic pixels but those pixels turned 'worthless' into subtle visibility thus giving it a purpose to an extent. I understand rings not having visibility but necklaces should be able to pop out over the torso or at least have an option to make it visible over the torso. Even if it was only visible when not running that'd be better than invisible.

Worst case scenario is as it is now.
    Second worst case scenario would be only seeing jewelry on other players via their paper doll.
    Best case scenario would be visible jewelry, even if it was only a subtle shiny thing.

The Avatar not having a visible Ankh doesn't sound much like the Avatar.

Sara Dreygon and Cosimo like this.
  2. Vaentorian

Vaentorian Localization Team

I'm guessing the intention is to display those items on the character at some point, it just hasn't been developed yet.
    "Please note that at this time jewelry does not display on the avatar, only in the slots on the character sheet."
    Bold section highlighting why I think this (quote from the R23 instructions)

Razimus, RevK2, Sara Dreygon and 8 others like this.
  3. Drowan

Drowan Avatar

I really hope the Ankh will be visible on an avatar in game (not by viewing paperdoll).

Razimus likes this.
  4. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

Construction zone, pre-alpha, blah blah blah...

Cosimo likes this.
  5. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

I hope for both.

If you wear something, it should be visible to other players on your avatar.

But I'm also hoping someday we'll be able to view other people's paper dolls.

Maric and Epicus like this.
  6. Epicus

Epicus Avatar

I feel strongly about having a paperdoll so that we can see our friends and foes a little more accurately, and ourselves. I wear the ankh necklace, although it's rather useless to do so right now, but I presume the developers have every intention to make it visible in the near or distant future. Yes to visible ankhs and paperdolls. :)

Razimus likes this.
  7. Miracle Dragon

Miracle Dragon Legend of the Hearth

Bah, I'm tempted to want to see other's paperdolls in game, but only because I'm used to being able to in other games. It's okay not being able to. Maybe 'inspect' will be a subterfuge skill at some point.. but I think not allowing everyone to inspect others willy-nilly is quite refreshing! ;-)

8. RevK

RevK Avatar

Would not have to be able to view stats on gear (or perhaps adding that ability in the subterfuge line also). Without the skill you could just view the paper doll.

Epicus, Razimus and Miracle Dragon like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.