Sad day for marijuana in ohio

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Brink1123, Nov 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brink1123

Brink1123 Avatar

So Ohio has voted against legalization of medical and recreational marijuana use in Ohio... such a shame lol should marijuana be legal in SOTA.

firegold and Mac R like this.
  2. Mortanius

Mortanius Avatar

I saw this, too. I am a big fan of MJ, so I keep a look out for news involving it. I can't partake, and it will be a long road ahead before I get to the point of being able to again. It is indeed a sad day for Ohio. I am just waiting for the country as a whole to make sensible laws regarding the recreational use. One of my most favorite things to do in life is to partake, and get immersed in a game. It is such a shame that an employer could fire me for something that is not any of the employer's concern.

Montaigne and Cosimo like this.
  3. Lord Essex

Lord Essex Avatar

lol.. Personal feelings aside, this may play a role in the game rating, which may or may not be a good thing.

Mac R, Vaentorian and Montaigne like this.
  4. Epicus

Epicus Avatar

I would like to grow hemp fields. Make and sell sails, paper, clothes, etc. I might even get wealthy. :D Maybe I can find some land down near Solania.

Addendum: That's bad news about Ohio. Good changes are coming.

Mac R and Montaigne like this.
  5. Miracle Dragon

Miracle Dragon Legend of the Hearth

It would be nice if some of the 'herbs' and 'reagents' we can gather for cooking, alchemy, and magic were viewed as dangerous, and/or illegal. Some of these things could have multiple uses, and be used for poisons and 'drug use' in the wrong hands, or by an inexperienced crafter.

I look forward to seeing the world develop and feel more alive. The assets are in the game, but no one is interacting/reacting to them at an interesting or engaging level. But this is what content creation is for. I hope we can give the dev team some intriguing ideas as the game is implemented.

Cosimo, Mac R, Vaentorian and 2 others like this.
  6. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

Somewhere underground waiting to get you!
    I have asked for this many times, by using body parts for reagents and crafting. Having body parts on you should flag you as a criminal also and could only be sold on vendors in pvp areas for this reason.

Mac R, Montaigne and Miracle Dragon like this.
  7. Montaigne

Montaigne Avatar

I had a spot of Old Toby in game the other night. I woke up the next morning with no pants on, face down, with Nob the stable boy standing over me.

Cosimo, Mac R and Miracle Dragon like this.
  8. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

Luckily Ohioans can carry firearms and go on a shooting spree to express their displeasure. :mad:

Seriously, though, is the SotA forum a place to express your political opinions? There are millions of topics that could be aired here. Do we want to go down that road?

Whyterose Flowers likes this.
  9. Miracle Dragon

Miracle Dragon Legend of the Hearth

Well, the topic may be political, but the OP is asking about how it might relate within the game world, which I assume would be a valid question/concern?

Cosimo and Montaigne like this.
  10. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

Everyone has opinions on political topics. I don't believe it makes sense for everyone to air their political opinions in these forums and request that the SotA developers take a public stand by supporting their side of real-life controversial issues in the game and risk the game's rating by doing so. And I don't think it would interest 99% of the game's player population if everyone posted the results of legislation in their own small corner of the world.

That is just my opinion.

11. GimmeUOPlz

GimmeUOPlz Avatar

Weed has no place being directly referenced in sota.

Other made up illegal substances could be a fun way to add a little depth.

As for the real life topic, there are lots of valid arguments for and against, and I agree that the gaming forums aren't really the place to talk politics. More along the lines of an off topic forum. If the devs want illegal/illicit make believe substances in the game I'm sure they have come up with the idea long ago and have long since decided for or against it in their game. Just as I'm sure they'd never directly reference real life substances.

12. Montaigne

Montaigne Avatar

I don't see where he is requesting that the developers take a public stand on the issue? He is simply opening up a discussion on the topic, which as he has done politely, is allowed to do :)

Cosimo and Mac R like this.
  13. licemeat

licemeat Avatar

Isn't alcohol referenced in the game?

14. Edward Newgate

Edward Newgate Avatar

i know a lot of friends who took it, they where aggressive and frustrated if they didnt got something to smoke.
    They spent to much money on it. And some of them changed there personality completely.

I dont need it and i think it should stay forbidden.
    The life is thrilling enough no need for drugs.

15. Lord Viator

Lord Viator Avatar

Tricky thread.

Had the topic title been along the lines of 'Should we have illegal reagents in New Britannia?', it may have been a different matter.

However, since the focus of the OP appears to be a real world specific substance and a specific political case, I see no place for it here in the SotA forums.

Locking it up.

Regards,

~LV

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.