Shield of Air - overpowered?

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by Vaentorian, Nov 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vaentorian

Vaentorian Localization Team

I hesitate to ask, as Air seems the weakest of the combat-oriented magicks and I appreciate any boosts I can get.

However: as soon as I learned this skill, before it was trained up, I noticed it dramatically reduced the amount of damage I was taking in combat, to the extent that in fights where I would otherwise have been slaughtered, I had ample opportunity to heal up and take out a weaker opponent or two before it ended. The protection seems as powerful as plate compared to cloth (though I haven't used plate in a long while so maybe that's no longer true) and in spite of the description it doesn't drain much focus for the benefit it gives.

Worth pointing out I'm still relatively low level and have been using it in West Veiled Swamp, West Perennial Trail and the like, which may have skewed my impressions so far.

What do other mages think? Maybe I just wasn't prepared for a skill tree that's as powerfully defensive (with stuns, speed and shielding) as fire is offensive.

Moiseyev Trueden likes this.
  2. firegold

firegold Avatar

It drains a massive amount of focus when spells are hitting you but melee does seem to do nothingespecially if the enemy is weaker than you

Moiseyev Trueden, Numa and Vaentorian like this.
  3. Numa

Numa Avatar

This matches the characteristics of the Air Elemental - it's supposed to be immune to melee attacks.

firegold likes this.
  4. mikeaw1101

mikeaw1101 Avatar

Nerf it muhahaha

Numa likes this.
  5. Vaentorian

Vaentorian Localization Team

Encountered this just now running through an elf encampment - wondered why my focus suddenly dropped to zero, then noticed the fireballs washing over me and figured it out >.<

firegold and Moiseyev Trueden like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.