Bring back murderers!

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Waxillium, Nov 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trome

Trome Avatar

The evil, I will serve.

Abydos likes this.
  2. Katrina Bekers

Katrina Bekers Localization Team

I can think of so many ways to exploit this, that can't wait to see it implemented, and have "red" fans ragequit in frustration... :cool:

3. Jordizzle

Jordizzle Avatar

I am all for this.

Bolck, Kvow Triumvir and Abydos like this.
  4. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

Sounds like fun

Abydos and Kvow Triumvir like this.
  5. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

Cool. I'd rather read, "Katrina's Murder Exploit Thread" over "Yet another thread about the pointless nature of PvP".

6. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

Good to know. Thanks for answering.

7. Swipes

Swipes Avatar

It would be a great addition.

Kvow Triumvir likes this.
  8. Hedbert

Hedbert Avatar

/murdercounts +1

9. mikeaw1101

mikeaw1101 Avatar

Yes, please! Make it mean something within the gameplay...

10. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

One month of flagging.

The PVP squad here wants a game of consequences, so will you accept real consequences?

Getting flagged as a murderer then logging for a week to come back without the flag is not a consequence.

11. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

Sure. It's not (the OP) a complete idea and debate about what's good and what's not is great.

Miracle Dragon and Abydos like this.
  12. Abydos

Abydos Avatar

Ok it's great! I'm summoning @DarkStarr !!!!!

Majesticon and Kvow Triumvir like this.
  13. charock

charock Avatar

Agreed

14. Ancev

Ancev Avatar

"Murderers" are a complicated bag. It implies there is a system of laws in place. Also more importantly a virtue system must be in place to record these deeds on a character soul, which is bound to all characters on your account. In Ultima Online, the nefarious deeds of one character only reflected upon that character. We'll be dealing with something quite different in SotA - because I think all virtuous and negative deeds are recorded to your character soul.

I'm not sure what Lord British and the Dev's have planned for this, so this is mostly conjecture like a lot of my other posts.

Here is the reputation system of UO: http://uo.stratics.com/content/reputation/titles.shtml

In theory here is a way things might work using 1 character soul per account - lets say I have 2 character slots. One of them is the Dread Lord Ancev. I've spent my time slaughtering players and villagers indiscriminately and took most of my lunch breaks eating in front of beggars. I have a 2nd character slot available, and decide that he will be a merchant. Based on the evil nature of my first character, I will only be able to achieve the neutral "Lord" title. I'll never be able to achieve Virtuous Lord because of my past deeds on Ancev. For this example, it's fine because my 2nd character will be an active crafter and merchant. He will have a different identity than my other character, which will help mitigate any negative reaction to the sales of my items in the market place. eg: Ancev is a jerk! I'm not buying his stuff or supporting him in any way! However, because my crafting character would never be a virtuous lord, certain things can be deduced.

This assumes that Titles would even be modified by the virtue system, and this example might be too drastic...not sure. If this isn't the case, then perhaps a character soul's condition mainly applies to NPC interactions, access to game features, etc.

Also if murderers are put into the game some way, I'd prefer they have a less murderer-y title. Perhaps brigand, outlaw, cutthroat, etc - I'd like to see a more logical representation of what unsanctioned or lawless conflict is in the game.

I also hope to flesh out my concepts for a system of laws for POT's and control over the granularity of said laws, as well as how to make a jailing system fun before the next All Player Town's Gathering on Dec 13th.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2015
  15. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

:eek:

Click bait title. Lore based names appropriate for the negative virtue is fine by me.

Plural. The way it is going you would need a second account for your murderer. I agree that I can't see how this will work with the current design plans for linked virtue. Second accounts seem like a fact of life at this point for having deeply opposing characters.

Abydos likes this.
  16. Ancev

Ancev Avatar

Also - one thing I forgot to mention.

One way you control the true nature of virtue would be implementing a system that keeps track of player associations. If you have a dread lord friended to one of your houses, it should probably affect your virtue. I'm sure this would be controversial and maybe not fun...but it seems like it would be logical. A dread lord using the assets of a virtuous lord would not be acceptable...unless you could conceal it through legitimate in-game means. That's what I'd really like to see...perhaps some kind of forensic mechanism that allows players to uncover criminal activity. A Lord uses his Vassal to do his dirty work but if the Vassal is sloppy his actions are discovered...linking back to the Lord and affecting his virtue. Or would that be your notoriety or standing in society?

Alley Oop, Logain and Abydos like this.
  17. Abydos

Abydos Avatar

I wanna know what devs think about this !

Brink1123 likes this.
  18. Skyo

Skyo Avatar

Flagged avatars vs flagged avatars should not get a murder count but receive a ranking point based off number of kills. Wins and losses would be then ranked. Note there would be a 24 hour period where you would not get a ranking point for killing the same player to prevent griefing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.