Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Suggestion: Let Add-on and Pledge items have "risk" in pvp

Discussion in 'Release 24 Feedback' started by Poor game design, Nov 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

You either pay the ransom or you lose the use of your deed for a period of time.

2. Miracle Dragon

Miracle Dragon Legend of the Hearth

He's saying the item is never at risk of being lost or stolen, only ransomed and therefore unusable until the ransom is paid.

3. CaptainJackSparrow

CaptainJackSparrow Avatar

What would a "significant" amount of time to the Baron be? Week? More?

With the 2nd, Captain Jack doesnt know what you mean by adding add-on store items to the loot table. As Captain Jack understands, add-on store "bland" items will indeed be in the game so there is no need to try to find a way to get the add-on store items into the loot table

4. Drocis the Devious

I think a few hours (4 to 8) would make sense.

What I meant by loot table was that they (add-on and pledge items) would be considered in what was being ransomed. Currently they're ignored.

5. Interitus

Interitus Avatar

Which add-on item gives any benefit? The only bought items, outside of pledges, that could even impact pvp are the items from the stretch-goals. And those are completely separate from add-ons. And I do mean separate, you can't even use credit to buy stretch-goal items.

6. Coolwaters

Coolwaters Avatar

You're missing his point, but those summoned chest mimics for example, they would affect PvP I'd imagine.

The point he's making is that while the pleebs risk their equipment or PvP naked, pledge folks can wear substantial armor with no risk of loss.

PvP with no risk of loss is pretty bad in my experience.

7. Greyfox

Greyfox Avatar

Stop trying to make something so exploitable part of the game. Want risk and real pvp in a game go play EVE? Learn what it feels like to lose a ship worth $2k USD due to lag.

8. Aartemis

Aartemis Avatar

I like the concept of this idea. There should be some risk, and disabling the use for a period of time, or pay the ransom is just fine. Most people won't pay the ransom because they are getting the items back eventually.

I'd like to see a variant where the Victor gets SOMETHING. What if the item is permanently disabled until something is paid? Perhaps it's 100% of the Ransom for the first "x" hours, then only 25% or 50% at the end of the Ransom. I just think if the player is going to fight around with gear that cannot be looted then Victor should get some sort of compensation for the fact that gear could not be looted. The amount varied on how important it is for the Victim to get their stuff unlocked.

9. Drocis the Devious

How would this be exploitable?

10. Greyfox

Greyfox Avatar

Many methods of exploiting in PVP. Many involve even metagaming. Server Lag can be introduced on purpose just to steal your items bought with real money.

The tears would flow, careful for what you wish.

Certain guilds, not currently in Shroud because it has no "real" PVP, would camp you for months just to gank your stuff.

Trust me heads would explode.

11. Drocis the Devious

But you wouldn't lose them (I didn't propose losing them in the OP). I proposed making them unavailable for a period of time unless you paid the ransom. You would still ALWAYS own the things.

12. Greyfox

Greyfox Avatar

You have no clue the extent some groups of gamer would go. Enable some game mechanics you are asking for and online play would be impossible.

Think legions of people whose only purpose is griefing. They would camp you nonstop, endlessly, eventually taking everything you own or have it all held hostage and make you pay them to stop.

You obviously have not played a real hard core pvp game at a competitive level.

13. Greyfox

Greyfox Avatar

The fact you think NPC guards would stop this type of group makes me laugh.

14. Drocis the Devious

Why does everyone jump to conclusions about me personally the moment they dislike an idea? I don't see the exploit. If you don't want to pvp, you don't have to. If you don't want to use add-on store or pledge items, you don't have to. If you get your items looted, you either pay the ransom or wait out the time. You never lose anything.

15. Drocis the Devious

I didn't say guards would stop people, I said they would provide reasonable safety in key areas.

16. Coolwaters

Coolwaters Avatar

The fact that you seem to feel it appropriate for players to be able to use objects / items in PvP that cost thousands of RL dollars is the bigger problem in my view.

I could use your dismissive ad hominem and just say: "you want P2W, go play Clash of Clans."

In my view the better approach is: if you use it in PvP, you risk it's loss.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.