Razer Chroma integration?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RevK, Dec 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RevK

RevK Avatar

I found A post in another section that seems to be dead. I thought I would post in another section that I always get a response in the quickest!
    I have a new Razor Blackwidow Chroma Keyboard and am having no luck getting the SotA integration working.
    I checked the Video/peripheral lighting in SotA and I still get "Looks like you do not have any games or apps installed" on the Charoma apps section of Synapse that I understand you need to" turn apps on" in.
    I feel like I am missing something very basic here but no clue what it is!

If you have any tips I would appreciate it immensely!

Originally researched in this thread:
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/is-razer-chroma-integration-enabled.35863/

2. Aartemis

Aartemis Avatar

Exit the Razer Synapse application completely (right click and exit from desktop icons).
    Then the Peripheral Checkmark in SotA under Settings will enable the lighting.

Works fine both on my Keyboard and Orbweaver.

edit: I also did download the latest version SDK from Razer's site. When both the peripheral check mark AND synapse are loaded, you can tell the keyboard seems to be fighting with the lighting config. If you forget to exit synapse just ALT-TAB out of SotA and exit Synapse.

RevK2 likes this.
  3. RevK

RevK Avatar

I think I might need the Newest SDK but since it was an old post suggesting that and its the newest Synapse I thought it might already have the newest SDK.
    Thanks for input I will try that next for sure!

4. RevK

RevK Avatar

Got the SDK and it did tell me I had a newer version installed already (odd you would think the newest one that comes with synapse would also be the one offered in the SDK developer section) but anyway, no help so far.

Any more ideas?

I must be doing something to make this harder than it needs to be! :(

5. Aartemis

Aartemis Avatar

hmmm. Something to try... In the Synapse Application (yes, I know I said to unload it :D) ... I can remember there being a Chroma section/tab and some kind of check mark maybe to put it in the mode to accept app-enabled commands?? I'm not at home ATM so I don't remember the exact screen BUT I *do* recall turning that on before getting it to work for the first time. I may have had to look up Shroud in the apps, I don't remember, but it was AFTER I enabled something in there that it started fighting between rotating colors and Shroud's app enabled settings. It was then I exited the Synapse App.

When working correctly, the lights go off when entering the game, then light white when not in combat. They are blue when crafting or sometimes talking to an NPC. the colors do switch to green, yellow and red in combat to match your health. The combo lights also work (1-0) when you can combo glyphs.

RevK2 likes this.
  6. StoneLeet

StoneLeet Avatar

There is a new update I got today from Razer. Has a new section to the software, called Chroma Apps. Shroud of the Avatar shows up.

7. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Nothing that Razer makes is supported in Linux. :(

8. ThurisazSheol

ThurisazSheol Avatar

sadly razer QA has gone downhill over the last three years. they used to be amazing devices made to last..not as much anymore..
    i much prefer the corsair keyboards nowadays too. (their k65 (or k70 rgb if you like tenkeys) rgb beats rzr blackwidow tournament any day of the week) at least they are fairly well designed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.