Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Skele`s loot and respawn

Discussion in 'Release 25 Feedback Forum' started by GingerLee, Jan 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GingerLee

GingerLee Avatar

I have been grinding quite a bunch of skele`s as of late. I loot all the mages, archers and zombies. I loot the footman for everything except the 2h sword(its just dead weight to me). What I see is that the respawn for those killed and selectively looted (meaning I take almost everything on the corpse), the corpse can remain there for hours. I think it could be corrected by making it so that even if one item is looted, and after the loot window is closed the corpse should disappear and reset the respawn timer for that mob. This could be a known issue but I didn`t find anything about it on a forum search. Just some feed back for the devs to use.

Sara Dreygon likes this.
  2. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

skinning/looting dramatically increases respawn yeah, just loot the swords too and destroy them.

4EverLost, Noric and SeleneNoctua like this.
  3. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

It is by design and is how it should behave. There could be a second looter after you, etc.

So do like Themo suggests - always loot all and then when you hit Encumbered just destroy all dead weight at once.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2016
  4. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

All monsters when skinned/looted can possibly respawn immediately. When something is left behind, it can indeed take a long time or not happen at all. This apparently depends on how each scene is configured.

I usually leave behind the Corpse Wax if I don't want undead to respawn, or an archer's bow, or even the gold if it's a zombie (they usually only drop just gold). If a sword skeleton doesn't have corpse wax I'll usually take everything because they're usually easier to fight than other skeletons or zombies.

And 2H swords are bread and butter for me because I scrap them to make iron and copper ingots. I have almost a 200 weight limit and will keep killing lowbie skeletons for scrap until I get to 300.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2016
    Spoon likes this.
  5. GingerLee

GingerLee Avatar

I should not have to loot everything and destroy later just to make the Skele respawn. Keeping the junk just to scrap is nothing more than a time sink to me. Yes I agree that there are other toons who can come by and loot the remains, but lets face it, after a hour or more the corpse should respawn.

Sara Dreygon likes this.
  6. Tartness

Tartness Avatar

This is an interesting discussion. I can envision that this mechanic is going to be rather useful in the Single Player Offline part of the game in the future. But of course, it does not mesh well with MPO, future tweaking is required.

7. Snazz

Snazz Avatar

Scrap metal is very handy to have ;) Then 1 ore = 1 ingot

8. monkeysmack

monkeysmack Avatar

I can foresee that there will be players that specialize in scrapping/salvaging who you will call to buy your swords. For example, you could friend Snazz ingame and then call him to your farming area to buy the rusty swords making you a bit more gold. A little coordination among players will provide huge economic benefit for all. BTW, it's much faster to loot by clicking the "Take all" button instead of selecting items individually.

KuBaTRiZeS and Spoon like this.
  9. Noric

Noric Avatar

I expect that market will exist but I doubt it will involve people coming to your farming instance. My guess is that the scrap metal will be sold or bulk duplicate items will be (alphabetical + shift click makes it easy). You could just fill a chest with scrapable items and intermittently trades for scraps or gold.

10. GingerLee

GingerLee Avatar

What AvatarAcid said... This needs tweeking. Also just update to this. The Large Skele Footman seems to take the longest to respawn if not looted. After a period of time, the number of random respawns that result in archers and mages tend to decrease as more and more of the Large Skele Footman are killed and left without looting. The idea of lets say leaving everything dead and un-looted could give a person a advantage to mine, forage or harvest for a long period of time without the fear of hostile mobs. That can be quite advantageous to the SPO.

11. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

4 metal scrap = 1 ore

also I'm starting to notice that each 1 weight of rusty weapon makes about 4-6 metal scrap, probably should start writing some of that down as I scrap stuff

12. Noric

Noric Avatar

Scrap is not associated with weight whatsoever.

Base scrap amount = item gold value/20.5

Scrap results(always rounded to nearest integer) are 1x base amount, 4x base amount and 6x base amount.

This means that the best scrapping items are low weight, high value. Bludgeon weapons are often heavy for their value(Shields too), daggers are low enough value to slow down scrapping a good bit. Swords of different varieties tend to be the best ... I'm curious if anyone can point to a frequently dropping item that offers better scrapping density/volume than iron scimitars.

(As you might guess I've had to scrap a lot of items and spent a while looking at the numbers)

Oba Evesor likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.