For R26 or in the Future is there going to be more choices for starting skills?

Discussion in 'Avatars & NPCs' started by Weins201, Jan 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

ATM there are only 10 possible combinations for the answers to the Question asked of new Avatars . . . BUT . . . Only 3 possible results - Blades / Ranged / Arcane.

Soo is there any plans to allow us to use the 10 variations to get different results OR even more combinations added so Avatars can actually start with Templates / Skills they actually want?

Like Bludgeons / Heavy Armor / and perhaps the Death tree ?

2. Manuel Marino

Manuel Marino Avatar

I agree. Anyway probably there was the reason to choose specific major paths. But if the game will become more complex (and I'm sure it will, I LOVE complex games), very detailed and different combinations should appear. What do you think?

KuBaTRiZeS likes this.
  3. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

I too want to know how this will all work out.. and didn't they mention at one time a way to scale back your unwanted skills eventually? I hope they do this, even at some cost to us.

I find it strange to be forced fire and healing for the mage path... I prefer no fire, and death instead of healing.. a choice would be so nice... :)

Because I want to be a fighter with some magic, I usually choose the courage path (melee) so I can at least have more control over the mage part.. but I'm then forced to consider using blades instead since those skills are automatically chosen instead...

I know it does not take long to achieve the same levels in other skills (for example, changing to bludgeon weapons).. but the OCD in me need the other skills degraded or able to be scaled back to 0.

As the OP states, I want to know what the future of these choices are, and if they will change. Also the reasoning between favoring Blades or Fire would be interesting to know as well.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2016
  4. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

@Weins201
    I think it was Drocis that asked that in the Telethon and Lum said:
    No.
    Although the question was more if there would be more than 3 choices rather than angled at the skills specifically.

KuBaTRiZeS likes this.
  5. KuBaTRiZeS

KuBaTRiZeS Avatar

I'm happy at a personal level with the options offered because the ranger path is basically what i've been playing since i pledged :D but i'd love to see different starting paths... bludgeon with earth... heavy armored ranged? swords with subterfuge? death+air mage... Even when the topic of the Episode is the three forsaken principles there could be more beyond them (we know there is :p) so it's not all about Courage, Love, or Truth... but how much of each you picked.

On a related topic I'm still not sure how i feel tying the starting path directly with the answers we give to Arabella... on one hand i have the waves of nostalgia... but on the other hand i have the fact that instead of answering sincerely to the questions posed, as if it was myself entering through the rift, i answer to get the character i want from the start, as if it was myself playing a game at the other side of the screen. And i'm afraid i won't be the only one.

Fister Magee likes this.
  6. Crazy Phil

Crazy Phil Avatar

WTB "Advanced" option like this great game from the past:

[​IMG] ---> [​IMG]

Remember in SotA when we had skill points we could spend to unlock the glyphs we wanted? How about bringing that system back for character creation for those that prefer something more specific? Give everyone a set number of skill points and let them spend to unlock their starting deck. ;)

Last edited: Jan 15, 2016
    Mata, Lord Baldrith and Fister Magee like this.
  7. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

@KuBaTRiZeS

In the winter telethon RG said that Arabella will finish the dialog with what your build became and offer you the choice of taking them again.

We will have to test that to see what that means.

8. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

She does this now, I recreated my alt a few times and she does ask if I wish to change my class.

4EverLost and Spoon like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.