Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Skill sound stuck on look in town

Discussion in 'Release 26 Bug Forum' started by LilPaisley, Feb 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LilPaisley

LilPaisley Avatar

I in Ardoris working on my crafting when the sound for the skill Purity got stuck on a loop. It would play every few seconds repeatably. I am not sure if this sounds was generate by myself or another player, but it had been sometime since I had used it. I tried leaving and restarting the game and this did not stop the bug. It began repeating again as soon as I logged back on.

The noise finally drove me out of town even though I had planned to do more crafting at my house.

On a side note, the noise for that skill is terrible to begin with, please consider changing it

2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

I suspect people are spamming it before visiting the life master trainer. ... But it should not be audible everywhere in town.

3. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

It's likely that it's another player in the scene casting it that you're hearing. While not able to hear it from across the city, I did observe being able to hear it very clearly from a decent range you'd expect it to fall off from. Writing up a bug report to check and possibly reduce the falloff range of the purify spell.

4. LilPaisley

LilPaisley Avatar

If it helps, I was running all over Ardoris when this was occurring. I was mainly at the bank, crafting pavilion, and my house (which is located on the waterfront). My location didn't seem to change the loop. I even tried areas all over town to see if that had any effect and it did not.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.