Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Lighting - TOO DARK

Discussion in 'Release 26 Bug Forum' started by tea2weeds, Feb 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tea2weeds

tea2weeds Avatar

What's going on with the lighting? After the wipe it was really bright, glaring. Then it got better. Today it is sooo dark even my light sources aren't helping and can barely notice a change when I have my knight's cloak on vs. off. It's too dark to even see the road! I have brightness adjusted all the way up in options and no improvement. Others I play with are complaining about the same thing, and noticed the difference today. Granted there should be darkness, but for heaven's sake not so bad the light sources don't help.

Kestryl Copperwing

2. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Are you playing on Mac or Linux? In the future, it helps us to investigate issues if players use the /bug command which copies useful information to your clipboards which can be copied here.

The most recent patch should resolve the darkness issue which was related to wonky Camera Effects in game, assuming it's the same issue our Mac and Linux players were observing.

3. tea2weeds

tea2weeds Avatar

I'm on a windows 8.1 system with a GeForce GTX 960 video card. My friend is on a Windows 7 system, but I'm not sure what her video card is, I can find out tomorrow. We both struggle with the darkness at times even with our light helms/cloaks, etc.

thank you for the response.

4. Quenton

Quenton Avatar

I was in Owl's Head Sewers on the weekend, with night vision, and it was super crazy bright. I haven't been down again to double check to see if it was fixed and I was just so happy that it wasn't super dark for a change that I didn't think to report it at the time.

Windows 10, R9 270X.

5. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

@tea2weeds @Quenton We've had some changes to our lighting system that may result in some scenes appearing either very bright or oppressively dark. We'll have to handle them on a case-by-case basis. If possible for the future of reporting this issue, list the scene you experienced these issues in. Thanks!

Quenton likes this.
  6. tea2weeds

tea2weeds Avatar

so far the worst areas are any forested, areas such as White Guard Foothills, Solace Forest. Kingsport, Owl's Nest and Dragon's Fall are also horrible, especially if there's any cloud cover at all....I can't even see the road directly in front of me and I have two glowing swords and a Knight's cloak on my rogue. I have to stop and wait for daylight.

Thanks for following up!

7. tea2weeds

tea2weeds Avatar

North Valeway, clear skies, pitch black and a wide white ribbon visible all along tops of hills when i entered the zone. exited game re-entered, ribbon gone but still pitch black

8. Quenton

Quenton Avatar

9. tea2weeds

tea2weeds Avatar

West Ravenswood - clear night, waxing moon...pitch black, light source doesn't help

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.