Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Client crash in Ardoris, Owl'snest and other cities (OS X)

Discussion in 'Release 27 Bug Forum' started by Snikorts, Feb 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Snikorts

Snikorts Avatar

It is impossible to participate as a tester at this point. Entering almost any city causes 100% freeze during zone loading process.

Imac
    OS X El Capitain 10.11.3
    processor: 3,1 GHz Intel Core i7
    graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 512 MB
    memory: 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

2. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Thank you for reporting. The crashing and scene loading issues being reported are known by the team and fixes are being investigated. Any additional details you are able to provide including post-crash output_log.txt files that are located within your game's data directory, or additional details about actions that led up to the issue would help considerably. We look forward to resolving this asap. Thanks again.

3. Snikorts

Snikorts Avatar

I am using Steam client to run SOTA and It seems that there is no "output_log.txt" in game directory.

4. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

@Attenwood , I reported yesterday about crashing at scene exit (which is extremely common since Saturday). However, scene loading is not the only crashing going on. I now crash suddenly wherever I am in game, probably 5 to 10 times a session. On restart, it is odd. If I crash in the middle of a battle (even with several mobs attacking), I am never dead when getting back. The game loads me into the same scene, I have no additional damage, the mobs are not aggroed. I play a lot and this is the first time I have been crashing in over a year of play. I try the bug reporting icon, but it just sends me here to the bug reporting forum section. Cannot find the crash logs you refer to. Windows 10, Alienware aurora, gtx770. I am posting this just to let you know that I do not think the scene loading issue is separate from the generalized crashes going on.

Snikorts likes this.
  5. gambit618

gambit618 Avatar

I also have a crash problem when I go to Owl's Head. I have my Player Owned Town access via Owl's Head (Highland Keep of Clan MacDaddy). About 2 out of 3 times when I try to leave through the carriage to go back to owl's head it will stop loading at 51%, lock up and I have to manually alt+tab and close the client. This has only happened since R27

Snikorts likes this.
  6. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

We are seeing two different reports currently. One that largely involves people crashing and getting stuck when changing scenes, and players who might be crashing simply by playing normally. Our first recommendation would be to see if a clean install of the game would resolve this issue for you. The bug report icon will copy information to your clipboard which you can paste as a response. Additionally, typing /bug will do the same. The output log you're looking for can be found in two different locations depending on the nature of the crash.

If you crash and receive a message about an error log being created, it would be found within your game's install directory in a folder that it labeled with the time and date the crash occurred. If it does not do that, and just crashes straight to desktop, you can find the output log within the game install's data folder with the name output_log.txt.

7. Snikorts

Snikorts Avatar

@Attenwood what do you mean by "Clean install" ?
    bug report or typing /bug simply will not work when game freezes during scene loading. I have to use option "force to quit" each time.
    There is no such file as "output_log.txt" in my OSX SOTA Steam application folders.

8. Snikorts

Snikorts Avatar

@Attenwood Here is my Steam SOTA app folder. Where could I find output_log.txt ?

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.