Leave Blood River Massacre?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Garfunkel Humperdinck, Jan 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Garfunkel Humperdinck

Garfunkel Humperdinck Bug Hunter

How do I get out of this scene? The Novia exits are boarded up and the moongate is all fizzled out.

Beaumaris and Rhudaur like this.
  2. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

There is a boat that is hard to find. It's near the bridge (but not near enough). Click on it.

This is one of many things that is wrong with that scene.

For starters. Who the heck wants to be teleported to "blood river massacre"? Welcome new players, your only option now is to go through this portal to "blood river massacre". :)

3. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

Yeah just did that...frustrating scene.

Rhudaur likes this.
  4. Garfunkel Humperdinck

Thank you so much Baron Drocis. I was about to give up and cry in the corner.

5. Drocis the Devious

All the posting you do and I don't think I've ever seen you give direct feedback about the scenes. Why is that?

Rhudaur likes this.
  6. Drocis the Devious

It took me awhile too. I really couldn't believe it was so difficult to find. The scene is almost begging you to go anywhere else but there. :)

I think the problem is that @Lum (and team) incorrectly assume that Edvard's dialogue is entertaining us. He does tell you that there's a boat you're supposed to take (I believe it's as the gate is opening). But that message (for me) was lost in the moment where I "just wanted to get the heck out of here and do something fun". I'm not trying to take a shot at Lum here, I think he's doing a great job. I'm just trying to say that the opening scenes really need a lot of work and probably a lot of feedback just like this to get it right.

I have found that most of the scenes are not designed to guide the player, but instead have them trying to figure out details that are not fun to figure out. If it's a puzzle, great! If it's "how do I get out of here?" that's not cool. It just makes you feel like you're wasting your time.

7. Garfunkel Humperdinck

That was my sin. I skipped through the dialogue thinking about all the real estate getting snapped up. Well time to see if there is anything left...

8. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

You want to talk to me about the scene that's fine, lets try and not and take pot shots at people. I have given a lot of feed back, trying to do this to discredit to me seems off.

Maybe you missed my threads on the map and towns, which are both scenes if you need recent examples...

Rhudaur likes this.
  9. Drocis the Devious

I'm not trying to discredit you at all. Yes, of course I've seen your commentary that you don't like the maps and you don't like the towns, and of course you don't like POTs.

What I'm saying is that it feels to me that you have an opportunity to give direct and actionable feedback on individual scenes (one of which you say you've explored already) and you haven't done that apparently. I'm surprised by that because you're such a fierce proponent of the single player experience. Now I know other people that don't want to ruin the story for themselves and perhaps that's what you're doing too? But again it seems like someone that spends so much time on the forums saying the single player experience should be good, would welcome the chance to give direct feedback on that experience.

But forget I said anything, I was just curious why I'd never seen anything from you like this.

Rhudaur and WarmCat like this.
  10. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

Cute. I have given a lot of feedback, not as much lately. If that's all you got out of my Map posts and the towns post I think you may be projecting your dislike on me to what I said. I'm sure some fall for this but I have been here long enough to know what this is.

Rhudaur likes this.
  11. Hermann von Salza2

Hermann von Salza2 Avatar

You two need to hug it out!
    [​IMG]

12. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

I skipped through Edvard's dialogue, too, but a hint appeared on the screen, telling me about the boat. The boat is just a placeholder because the scene isn't finished yet. I agree that it should be called Blood River and not Blood River Massacre. And different people shoud be at each scene, not always Edvard.

Rhudaur and Vyrin like this.
  13. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

*brings out the pitchforks and torches*

Blood River Massacre in Blood River on the Blood river. :confused: Makes No Sense...

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/bloodriver-not-blood-river.44041/

I will vanquish @Lum the Mad and force him to rename it back again to Bloodriver so it makes sense... Uhm why are you all looking at me like that? Oh - he is standing behind me isn't he?
    *garg* Hi Lum, how nice to see you, nonono I wasn't talking about anything specific, I was...uhm...just going to run away a little bit.

see

you

later

(But that cave passage to the lake bit is nice).

14. Whitedove

Whitedove Avatar

Is the boat you speak of in an area where you must catch on fire to get to it? I try to click on all boats there but nothing happens?

Rhudaur likes this.
  15. mhoward48

mhoward48 Avatar

Are the boats the ones that are on Fire?

Rhudaur likes this.
  16. Baratan

Baratan Avatar

I don't know, I had no problem with this scene at all. The guy literally tells you to get in the bat under the bridge by the river.

Rhudaur and mhoward48 like this.
  17. mhoward48

mhoward48 Avatar

Thank you Baratan. I am actually trying to help my daughter Whitedove. She says they are all on fire.

Mata, Rhudaur and Whitedove like this.
  18. Whitedove

Whitedove Avatar

no npc's to talk to anymore and I found a place on fire with docks. There are broken boats in the water I tried clicking on but nothing happened, I found a boat in good condition on the other side of the water it doesn't allow me to swim to it but when I click on it nothing happens. Then I moved out of the area to the right of the gate and can see 2 bridges outside but no boats, I can climb a plank sitting against the fence and catch on fire and burn while I search for boats near the bridges but nothing. :( Frustrated

Rhudaur and mhoward48 like this.
  19. Baratan

Baratan Avatar

I hope it's just a bug and it's fixed soon for you guys :(

Rhudaur, Whitedove and mhoward48 like this.
  20. Whitedove

Whitedove Avatar

Okay so now when I zone into Blood River Massacre it is called "Blood River" I had found the boat in the rea that was on fire and the boat had a tag come up that said "Soltare" or something but not when I zone in to the are it say's "Blood River" and now things are no longer on fire. The journal says I need to get on a boat to Soltare or something but, that boat is no longer there. Can I skip this first quest or should I crawl into a corner and /cry?

Rhudaur likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.