Experience and leveling points.....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Haz, Mar 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

Indeed I liked that in UO I would do anatomy or eval int to get a clue of how overpowered a particular monster was before I engaged it.

Why do we have to copy mmodern games :( I also really dislike the skulls when I go in an instance... so immersion breaking, who placed them there ? the oracle ?... hmph...

helm and Moonshadow like this.
  2. Julian Baskerville

Julian Baskerville Avatar

I Play since 2 weeks and havent yet figured out this XP beats completly.

I just know that when I start a new character end of July, I will not do the mistake of learning 10 new skills a day just because I can and got the cash. I will focus on a handfull of skills, level those up and only when thinking I am satisfied will I learn new ones.

By the way, I hate this lvl 10 min for next skill...10...whats a ten? 25 / 50 /75 /100 those are tiers I can understand...but 10? Whats ten? Doesnt make any sense...so you learned how to use a sword, nice for you...and with lvl 10, I imagine that skill level as still being Amateur...newbi...able to hold that sword in the correct direction... but no...with 10 you can learn double slash, as seen in kungfu movies and by hitting back twice you can even backflip...yay...swords 10...backflip with double slash Ha---yaaaa!

But...thats just me ;)

3. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Your not raising your skills any faster collectivly by raising one skill before another. Overall its the same rate, and raising one before another isnt neccessary unless its a prerequisite

4. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

helm said:
    frankly I don't like the new mob color coding at all, all too much handholding and the information is way too coarse).

-

If by "too coarse" you mean its not specific enough of a level insicator, then im not sure how that could be an issue if you think its already too hand-holdu

5. GreyMouser Skye

GreyMouser Skye Avatar

Yes and no. Yes, the XP applies the same. No, because XP can be applied to any skill. Raise "super kill mega ray" to grandmaster first, then use that to kill giant mobs to gain a huge pool of fungible XP which can then be used to raise any skill you want now on small mobs or the dreaded "ball".

Again, it is the system, but I would prefer to not have the UI screen allow the "no gain" switch. Use that super kill mega ray again and XP should still go to it, not to your pool alone. Just my opinion.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2016
  6. Smalls

Smalls Avatar

Group vs solo.. problem with that is group xp is divided amongst the whole group.. so really your not gaining that much more per kill..

Ice Queen and Fister Magee like this.
  7. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

. True,
    My thoughts are more twards keeping every skill you want xp appliedunlocked so that they are already appliedwhen youget them

Fister Magee likes this.
  8. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

ahh the good old days :) I wish for this too.

Ice Queen likes this.
  9. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

I do this, until I decide I need to GM or level some skill to some plateau.. tho this is more difficult (to play normal) since the pool drains faster :)

Ice Queen likes this.
  10. agra

agra Avatar

Well that sucks. I thought there was an XP bonus for grouping that always made it more worthwhile than soloing?

Ice Queen likes this.
  11. Smalls

Smalls Avatar

Perhaps there is, I have never noticed a bonus, I group because I have a lot of friends and we like to do control points (which takes a group +((Also best xp in game currently))..

12. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

If you are talking about Skills Yes, but Innates are somthign totally different so it can very much make a difference.

13. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

To bad your math is way out of whack. 2 or three people can kill the same level of mobs 3 - 4 times faster and there is a small boost to exp for being in a group, so overall a good strong small group will rack in about 3 time more exp over time than a solo player. Simple math :)

14. agra

agra Avatar

What's the 'small boost' , exactly?

Ice Queen likes this.
  15. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Go do the math :) it is enough to make 2 - 3 players worth the trip :)

16. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Getting a small bonus to experience by grouping up i believe is intended.

It helps promote cooperation

17. HairballHacker

HairballHacker Avatar

Somehow I feel this skill system is WAY too complicated. Probably it is that my brain is WAY too simple.

Seems to me that if I use skill X, then the XP I earn should be applied to skill X even if skill X is maxed out (or, better yet, asymptoted). I don't understand the reason for fungible XP pools and I think it is counter intuitive, at least to me.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2016
    Cordelayne and Ice Queen like this.
  18. helm

helm Avatar

Ahh. The Paradox. ;)

19. Hermann von Salza2

Hermann von Salza2 Avatar

As much as I hate to say it, they really need to do a wipe and NOT give us our old levels back. Make us all work from scratch to get this leveling stuff hashed out.

GreyMouser2 and Fister Magee like this.
  20. Last Trinsic Defender

Last Trinsic Defender Avatar

Afaik they will at r29 and r32. Some old players will have troubles when they see how the game-advancement is nowadays ;-)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.