Healing touch

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by Barugon, Feb 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Is there any reason to train Healing Touch other than to get extra glyphs? It doesn't seem to me that the level affects the amount healed (next level always says the same range as the current level). The only thing that seems to change the numbers is Life Power (and probably attunement).

Last edited: Feb 15, 2016
    Ice Queen likes this.
  2. Elnoth

Elnoth Avatar

It does increase, just very slowly. At lvl 70 mine was 19-27 I think (after not being in combat for a minute and letting it cap out)

To make it significant you probably need life attunement, and also the life passive life power. Still, levelling 3x skills to make it significant does make you question if it is worth levelling beyond a basic level for more glyphs.

TenoMeric, Miracle Dragon and Quenton like this.
  3. Quenton

Quenton Avatar

Skill advancement throughout the game feels like this. It's not encouraging to see a skill move my 0.0 or 0.1 if you level it up.

Miracle Dragon likes this.
  4. Noric

Noric Avatar

There's a few cases that feel particularly sluggish. I got my deflect skill up to 50 earlier and realized the power of the skill had only gained 50% from level 1 to 50.

If someone wants more tangible changes in healing, the heal over time spell has a notable change every 10th level (1, 11, 21 ... )

5. agra

agra Avatar

Yeah, Deflection was reduced in effectiveness considerably between R26 and R27, as well, @Noric. As in, the number dropped I think more than 20 points, at GM?

6. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Us clerics and priests need superb healing power!!!!!! In order for us to truly enjoy a world where we can be anything!!!

7. Noric

Noric Avatar

I was referring to the active in the shield tree instead of the passive in heavy armor, I'm assuming the passive was nerfed?

8. agra

agra Avatar

Yep, sorry, I misunderstood.

Ice Queen likes this.
  9. Noric

Noric Avatar

Well I do appreciate finding out about that stealth nerf..

agra likes this.
  10. agra

agra Avatar

I went back and checked my screenshots..
    R26 Deflection was 50% of level. So, for example, at skill level 38, it was +19 Damage Deflection Bonus. (+50 @ GM)
    R27 Deflection is now 33% of level. So, for example, at skill level 38, it is now 12.5 (38 * 0.333) Damage Deflection Bonus. (+33 @ GM)

So, my impression was wrong, it only dropped 17 points at GM, not more than 20. ;)

Miracle Dragon and Jivalax Azon like this.
  11. Noric

Noric Avatar

ONLY a 33% reduction then..

agra likes this.
  12. Mysticvermin

Mysticvermin Avatar

@Noric @agra I'm going to spell some thoughts out completely here due to my wondering if it can be true.
    - Damage Absorption is the max percentage of damage that you can mitigate.
    - Damage Deflection works as a percent modifier for Damage Absorption.
    - Full plate set would be 0.6 Damage Absorption, plus shield would be 0.8.

So theoretically at 67% Damage Deflection you would become Damage Absorption capped (0.6 x 1.67 = 1.002) and all mitigation values would come only from Damage Resist. With a shield this would happen at 25% (0.8 x 1.25 = 1).

Is it possible this is true?

13. agra

agra Avatar

I think there's more too it than that, including level of you vs. target, as well as skill checks, and resist checks. At least, I hope so. :) But for that one aspect of defense, it makes sense that reaching the cap would be possible if you seriously invested in your defensive skills and gear, similar to your damage potential if you seriously invested in a single school of magic + attunement + offensive gear.

14. Mysticvermin

Mysticvermin Avatar

Ok, update time. Note to self: Theory crafting without being able to be in game is BAD, don't do it.

Shield has 2 Avoidance, not Absorption. This seems a lot more reasonable. Now I understand why Deflection was reduced to 33%. I worked out GM Sympathy of Stone should give 25% Damage Deflection. I don't know how much Earth Attunement can modify the value, but I'll assume that it's not enough to Absorption cap.

15. Noric

Noric Avatar

I don't believe earth attunement impacts that passive but i could be wrong .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.