Leave Blood River Massacre?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Garfunkel Humperdinck, Jan 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Acred

Acred Avatar

Hello, Whitedove. It is good to hear you've reached Novia proper, although it sounds like you had a difficult trip. I cannot be ingame right now, but once it patches and I've had my breakfast, my avatar Trufall Selarts will look for you.

Your options are many. You can look for the town of Welcome Center that is due East of Blood River. It is exactly what it says and has been set up by players for new players. You can follow the road South to the city of Aerie. There will be a bank or an NPC that functions as a bank in each of these places. Possibly already in your pack, and if not, certainly in your bank vault are some gifted Recall Scrolls (to bring you back to where you tell a Town Cryer you wish to have your bind point) and some Teleport Scrolls (to bring you to a person on your Friends List.)

Possibly the chosen friend would be able to even go to Soltown before you Teleport to them. To chat ingame to a person on your Friends List, look for the names that are in bold (those are people who are logged in) and click on their name and choose Whisper, or type
    /w Name, message
    Do not forget the comma - it will reset the first bit of the chat line with the name of the person you wish to talk to in blue.

mhoward48, Mata and Rhudaur like this.
  2. Acred

Acred Avatar

The message when I try to add Whitedove as a Friend ingame is 'Charactername "Whitedove" was not found.'

The same for Celowynn and Bones13. If you have started a different character I hope it goes more smoothly for you!

Rhudaur and Whitedove like this.
  3. Whitedove

Whitedove Avatar

Thank you so much for your help, I will try that when I long in next time. My characters name in the game is Leelia Violet. :)

Mata, Rhudaur and mhoward48 like this.
  4. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

I had the same experience and felt the same frustration for a moment, until I recalled a boat from another scene. Then it was easy. But not straight forward. This needs a little work.

mhoward48 and Rhudaur like this.
  5. deRoque

deRoque Avatar

Spoiler alert.
    Hi White Dove. I am sorry you and your daughter are having difficulty. The last time I started in that area, I found that I had to cross over a big stone bridge, and on the left side of the bridge at the far bank I noticed a set of steps going down. I went down the steps and headed towards the water, and at the bank turned right, and a short distance away there was a boat. When I clicked on it, I had the option of going to Soltown.
    This is across the river from the area that is on fire. It sounds like you may have found this boat but it was bugged at the time and didn't ask if you wanted to go to Soltown. As far as I know, or at least the last time I started in this area, taking the boat was the only way out of this area so I could not leave in any other way.
    If this scene has been changed in the most recent release, perhaps someone else will post. At some point this introductory scene will not take you to Soltown, but rather to Aerie.

As far as I understand, eventually in the game if you start as:
    1. a Ranger, you will be on the Path of Love, and you will start in Solace Bridge and then go to Soltown;
    2. a Mage, you will be on the Path of Truth, and you will start in Blood River and then go to Aerie;
    3. a Fighter, you will be on the Path of Courage, and you will start in Highvale and then go to Resolute.

Good fortune to you both!
    Regards
    Edit: I tried it again today (Mar 3), and my comments above are valid. One note...sheath your weapons when talking to people. The boat is in place, and you double click it to be taken to Soltown.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2016
    mhoward48, Mata and 4EverLost like this.
  6. Whitedove

Whitedove Avatar

Thank you Rhudaur,
    I left the are of Blood River Massacre by exiting the game and then clicking on start at map or something like that instead of hitting Resume, then I zoned into Blood River Massacre before ever clicking on the boat and it turned into Blood River instead with no fire and no boat.... I wondered if I had maybe finished it since it changed but it is still in the journal that I need to click the boat. I may need to get back into the zone when it is called, Blood River massacre" instead of "Blood River" but I think I won't be able to, maybe I don't need to finish the quest and just move on to others. Hopefully it will now hurt my life as a mage.

mhoward48 and Rhudaur like this.
  7. deRoque

deRoque Avatar

Hi again

The way the game is set up currently, when you are starting a mage character, you go to the "scene or town or area" - whichever term you choose to use called Blood River Massacre. When you leave that "scene" the name then changes to Blood River, so if you enter the area again, that is the name you will see (and the area will look somewhat different as you have pointed out). A similar name change happens in the other starting scenes of Solace Bridge ( Battle of Solace Bridge becomes Solace Bridge) and Highvale Village Battle (or something like that) becomes Highvale.

What I don't know is whether or not the boat portal to Soltown stays active after the scene name changes as I have never tried using it again in any of the starting scenes. If you can get back into Blood River, the bridge will still be there, and you can look for the boat and try double left clicking on it to see if it takes you to Soltown. Or, as suggested by Acred (and there are other helpful suggestions) in previous posts, you can just go on to the Welcome Centre, or to Aerie and not worry about the starting scene with this character. It is unlikely that not finishing the staring area will have any discernible effect on your character.

There are a couple of things you might consider:
    1. The game is in pre alpha, and there will be wipes of all characters at times before the final wipe and the "real game" staring in July. So the character(s) you are currently using will get wiped at some point, and you will have to start over. So, your choices now will not effect your eventual post July in game character(s).
    2. Your character was in a starting scene, so you have not gone very far into the game. While it may have taken you some time to get to the point where you are now, you probably have learned a lot about the functioning of the game and how to manage your character. So, you can always delete your current character and start over. Your next time(s) through the starting area(s) will be much faster.

Regards

mhoward48 likes this.
  8. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Those who skip through dialog are going to have difficulty with quests throughout the game.

Rhudaur, Sir Frank and Acred like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.