Character facing during combat

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by Illveran, Mar 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Illveran

Illveran Avatar

I played a bit more this release and had lots of issues while running sideways and backwards during combat. Im playing a melee character and the only way to hit something with an attack or skill is to properly assigning your char infront of an enemy and be sure to hit 'w' to face it. Without that or if you want to sidestep a for instance troll stomp attack you automaticly face your character 90 degree to the side wasting your atacks and skills u use. I hope this issue will be resolved in the following way: character need a sidestep animation and stepping back animation in which the char is faced forward. Movement speed backwards should be a bit slower then to the side and forward.

I need to edit this thread that im being a bit wrong. Those features are in place but im keep getting stuck somehow during sidestepping and going backwards facing the wrong direction then i should be. My mistake.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2016
    Jivalax Azon and Time Lord like this.
  2. Mysticvermin

Mysticvermin Avatar

I changed my auto attack/free attack toggle to the 'F' key. When I put myself into auto attack mode and I need to change facing I switch to free attack which will automagically turn you to face your target. Then quickly swap back to auto.

Aldo and Time Lord like this.
  3. agra

agra Avatar

The only way that works for me is if I click to attack after I'm in free attack mode. Of course, just casting a spell (not a physical attack, but a spell from one of the magic trees) faces the target automatically too. It's a shame though that to get this functionality, you have to jump through these hoops or consume a hotbar slot.
    It's clear that facing your target is something that's in the game, I just wish they would add it as a keybind and then we can skip all the fancy tricks. :)

4. Illveran

Illveran Avatar

There is already to many different buttons to push with those skills popping up on your screen. Do you wish to have another one to just face the opponent? Character should be facing up front where the camera looks at and smoothly transition movement while keeping the focus at place. Right now its just messed up and needs to be fine tuned.

Time Lord likes this.
  5. Mysticvermin

Mysticvermin Avatar

Sorry, that was what was in my head with how this works, but it just didn't make it's way out. :confused:

Hmmm, I didn't question it before as I was just looking for a way to cope with the mechanic, but I wonder if it was intended that the facing mechanics work differently in free vs auto mode? Shouldn't it be that regardless of mode that when I double click to attack that I turn to face the target, especially when my camera is facing that target? @Chris @DarkStarr

Time Lord, Womby and Jivalax Azon like this.
  6. Jefe

Jefe Avatar

One would hope assume that auto-attack would:

1. 1 opponent. Turn and auto-attack when you are attacked.
    2. multiple opponents -Determine angles of attack and face greatest center of mass, or 1 of 2 given 1 targets 70 degrees disparate from each other. I.E. monster on far left front and monster on far right front.

Otherwise- auto-attack doesn't really auto-attack.

Time Lord likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.