Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Cannot move Town Crier/Banker NPC from the docks

Discussion in 'Release 27 Bug Forum' started by gambit618, Mar 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gambit618

gambit618 Avatar

My biome changed on R26 to a grassland with water and docks (I like this biome over the snowy biome I had). I did not have this NPC in my previous biome so this is new for me.

I can place my other NPC merchants with no problem, but the town crier/banker combo NPC is stuck on the middle of my dock. There is no right click option to rename, pickup into inventory, move etc.

I would like to move this NPC but cannot. I have a holdfast so I can only place 2 NPCs so I do not want to lose that ability- I think all towns should have a Town Crier/Banker NPC combo as standard and not take up one of the 2 slots allowed (or one of the other slots allowed in other PoT types).

This is in my town "Highland Keep of Clan MacDaddy" which you reach via wagon at Owl's Head entrance.

Thanks,
    Laddy MacDaddy
    Governor: Highland Keep of Clan MacDaddy

2. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

The devs do not allow the moving/removal of the Town Crier.

Having the ability to do so would result in other users being unable to access the Bank for your scene, which would lock them out of retrieving any items that were placed there.

That is the intended implementation. If you did *not* have the Town Crier in your previous biome, that was the error.

The Town Crier should not count towards your POT NPC allotment. If it does, then that is a bug, and you should report it as such. :)

3. gambit618

gambit618 Avatar

Hello- I dont want to remove the crier/banker I just want to be able to place him in a different spot. it does not make my town very dynamic with the NPC being stuck on the docks. Is there anyway to just be able to move the NPC?

4. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

We do not currently allow for that level of granular customization. The Town Crier/Banker NPC is set as a staple in the same location for every POT template. If you would like full information about what is/is not allowable as well as what's part of the design for changes in the future, you can find that information in the Player Housing Update that can be found here:
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...-towns-player-run-towns-and-water-lots.46411/

Thank you for the report!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.